Roll Call. Inside 30 days. BrickStreet BBQ Marietta OH June 8-9

roksmith

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
First leg of the "Triple Crown" of Ohio BBQ.
Got a pile of registrations, but we still need some more.
Who's coming?

skipping it this year......I dont know if Cowboy Dan is going to cook it as his team or 2 Worthless Nuts......

Hey You BBQ will be there. It's my first comp. so I have 2 goals, make all turn in times and not come in DAL. Looking forward to meeting a lot of you guys in person.

Q'in

Glad to see I will be Q'in against great mates! Sorry to hear Jay won't be there, this was the place where we met! Good Luck to all and keep your Q on!!!

And stay away from Jimmy and the Squelers....they'll just keep you up all night!!!!

You mean people sleep at these things? :wink: We will be coming off midnights Friday morning so we will be ready for an all nighter, whatever it brings.

Cowboy Dan let me know that he is out as well, so no 2 Worthless Nuts this year....which stinks.......out of the 18 bricks handed out so far (1st place, rgc, gc) over the last 3 years I do believe that I have walked out with 7 of them.....I would have to say that they like my food there......hope that they can get some more teams or it will not even be a qualifier....

We are sitting at 20 applications with 2 more I'm fairly sure about with 3 weeks to go. If anybody knows someone on, or near the fence, give 'em a push. Need to get to the magic number and more would be better.

Maybe if the team that thought that they know and understand what it means to put on a good contest stepped away there would be enough teams to be a qualifier.......but, I do not see it happening

I guess if you and your silent partner don't get their way, it's time to stomp your feet and cry your spam all over this place?

Real class act Rob.

I do not have a dog in the fight and to be honest I don't know or care to know what is going on.....

But to say that Rob is not a class act is not right. What he did last year for our troops and gave up a personal dream is all good in my book. I'd defend him in a heart beat.

Keep up all you do for our troops Rob.

More this particular act Scottie. Never had a problem in the past, but the posts in a couple threads here last night are pure Bush League.

Like I said, I don't know history or nothing, don't care to know. But I was responding to Rob not being called a class act. I admire/respect him for what he did and what he does do. I know from experience that to continue a feud on the internet is useless

"First couple of events we cooked semi sous vide... Chicken seasoned and sealed in a bag.. soaked in 165 degree water for 3 hours, then finished on the grill. Works well enough.. 3rd and a 6th with it this year, but after listening to the KCBS board meeting last month, they decided it wasn't a safe method of cooking... mostly because they couldn't comprehend how it could be accomplished at a contest.

So now we're waiting for the Rep-advisory stating that it can't be used... and if it comes before Kettering, we'll have to come up with something.... and most likely go back to middle of the road chicken."

Sound familiar???? Someone admitting that they were cheating in their cooking method, not new rules, the rules are clearly outlined.....but, has that team returned their ill gotten gains to the contests?.....shown their character after realizing that they were doing something illegal?....stepped up to the plate?....nah, didn't think so.

As far as my silent partner.....he decided to not cook the contest for his own reasons.....me, I would rather be working with my soldiers and their families that weekend at a retreat.......but, that is my excuse....I said, I wish I could come to it, I do rather well there, and have enjoyed spending time with friends from all over the area......but, I work that weekend.....I just made a statement that maybe teams that are still trying to figure out what is required for the teams, not organizers for the contest are probably not contributing to a large turn out of teams......
But, that is just my bush league assessment....let me know when the checks get sent back to the organizers for the powerful calls.....through means of a questionable nature.....

Back