Hens in a Hot Tub?

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Not sure what to call these....
Smoked some cornish game hens and twice baked tatoes in my UDS for my dove hunting friends on opening day.

I brined in a mixture of water, kosher salt, cracked black pepper, onions, garlic and bay leaves.....
After brining, I placed some sliced smoked sausage and bacon under the skin, then rubbed them with butter and seasoned with some homemade seasoned salt....

100_5951-1.jpg

Fired up my UDS..
used a bit of hickory

100_5969-1.jpg

Added the tatoes to the smoker during the last 30 minutes or so....

100_5965-1.jpg

100_5973-1.jpg

100_5980-1.jpg

The hens were moist and tender....
I think I love smoked twice baked tatoes. lol

100_6019-1.jpg

Wow.....that looks really good:biggrin::biggrin:

Hey! You didn't tell us that the hens would be in the hot tub naked! Whoa baby! :-D

Thanks jpw and Crimson!

Ron....lol!!

Funny, just seconds ago I wasn't even a little bit hungry. Now I can smell smoke and taste those cukes...

That looks really, really good.

Wait a minute! I thought this was supposed to be a "family-friendly" site!?!!??!! hahaha

Nice job! Looks yummy!

You guys woulda sweated me about green stuff on the plate...

wow naked nake chick in hot tub. No kidding that is a great looking meal

Bet your hunting friends are gonna be very happy! Great dish, Cowgirl.:eusa_clap

Thanks for the kind words folks! :cool:

Bigmista, I almost made broccoli...but that would have been a bit too much. lol

Naked Chicks in the tub.OOOLLAAALLLLAAAA! Looks great Cowgirl !

Your first pic rocks! My wife mocks me for taking pictures of my cooking...let alone posing my birds. :p

Thanks Hydramax and Genbradly......
I like to play with my food. lol :biggrin:

Outstanding job. Looks delicious. Is that a standard 2x baker or is there a special recipe that you use?

Outstanding job. Looks delicious. Is that a standard 2x baker or is there a special recipe that you use?

Thanks Paulie!
I guess it's a standard 2 baker...I saute garlic and onion in butter before adding the tatoes. Then mash, add milk, cheese and season to taste.
Sometimes I add crumbled bacon.....you can never go wrong with bacon IMO. :biggrin:

Back