What the heck is a fatty?

The Italian is pretty good. I found a flavor a while back of JD that was regular but it said BOLD flavor. It tasted like it had almost twice the spices. I havent seen it again.

I like to add my own special herbs and seasonings to my fattie. The more they eat the more they want!!!

I admit, I was wandering about this, Now that I found the answer without having to actually asked for it. I going to give it a go this weekend.
Thanks

Yes....Fatties Rule!!!

I must say, the Fatties that I enjoyed in the late 80's and early 90's are not the same as the ones I enjoy now(MUCH THANKS AND BIG MAHALOS to the BBQ Bretheren for that). Keep them simple, and they are a thing of beauty.

Farmer John and Jimmy Dean are thieveing bastards! You mid west gents have wasted too much money of your hard earned money making these men rich.

Fins fatties have been the cheapest of the cheap. I mean, like the ground sausage wrapped in celiphane at Stater Brothers that costs 96 cents, rolled and rubbed in whatever is left over in my fridge. Sombitches taste so good they turned my skinny vegan niece back into a carnivore(she also dumped her loser vegan boyfriend).

Most importantly, I smoke them on my ECB that was rescued from a neighbors trash(not to mention salvaged and modified also with the help of the Bretheren). Hallaluja!!! Its a freakin beautiful thang brothas!

Every time I smoke one, I do it different. I stuffed some this past weekend with diced onions, garlic, summer sausage, and pepperjack. After closing, I rolled it in crushed Ritz crackers.

All three variations were tasty.

backyardchef said:
Now, that chit is funny......:eusa_clap

Funny for everyone except the loser vegan boyfriend!

For Christmas, I made about 50 bite sized fatties stuffed with roasted garlic and mozarella. Each JD log mades about 15 little ones. They were gone in about 5 minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you keep them from falling between the grates?

Bigmista said:
How do you keep them from falling between the grates?

I usually use a small grate I have for fish, but I did the last batch on a regular Big Green Egg grate with no problem.

They get good flavor from the dry rub and they look nice for fancy guests.

Last edited by a moderator:
Those look great.
I eat a lot of deer sausage. Will those make into good "Fatties"?

Those look great.
I eat a lot of deer sausage. Will those make into good "Fatties"?

They should!

But, and I caveat with only coming across a couple deer "chubs" sent up to me via MikeG (in a styro pack Norco!!) that your only issue would be with how lean the deer sausage is.

Deepending on how lean, you might need to wrap bacon around it or something.

The stuff I got was not really sausage but was just ground venison that I definitely would have needed to wrap bacon around, had it made it past the chili pot :wink:

The stuff I got was not really sausage but was just ground venison that I definitely would have needed to wrap bacon around, had it made it past the chili pot :wink:

City Boy Mod

Do you guys have a certain wood you use for these fatties? Until stumbling onto this place, I'd never heard of these, but they sound killer. Might have to try these out this weekend...

Steeb-
Whatever floats your boat. The meat absorbs all flavors of the wood, fruit woods are nice and mild or use hickory for a little more smoke flavor.

Les

Back