• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

BBQ Brethren Throwdown..."Tubesteaks"...

JD McGee

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Last weeks winner "bowhunter" has determined that this weeks throwdown ingredient will be..."Tubesteaks"

Originally Posted by bowhnter
Thanks folks! Close vote and lot's of good burgers there. :cool:

I had several ideas for next week, trying not to duplicate yet. (fish, breakfast, mushrooms)
But I decided to go with tube steaks :biggrin:

Any kind of hotdog / brat / sausage that is cooked outdoors, either by itself and/or used in the recipe. :wink:

Here are the rules...

1) It has to be grilled or smoked.
2) It has to be cooked during the current "throwdown" week...(Mon-Sun).
3) All pics must be submitted by 7:00 PM Pacific Time on Monday.
4) 3 pics per entry max.

The voting will begin on Tuesday evening after I've posted "vote" thread!
You will have until Friday to vote.

Next weeks throwdown will be...Whatever this weeks winner decides! :grin:

Chili dog nachos. The dogs were cooked on the grill, then in to assemble and back on melt the cheese. Picked up a nice smokey flavor.

Attachments

• 100_2610.jpg
    100_2610.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 485
  • 100_2613.jpg
    100_2613.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 738
Bowhnter I'm sitting here looking at that and thinking of scarfing it all with a few nice cold micro brews.

Entry #1 - Sweet German Dog

Hebrew National dog with sweet German sauerkraut with grilled onions, bacon, Greyer cheese, and Blues Hog Honey Mustard.

Attachments

• wiener throwdown 015 [640x480].JPG
    wiener throwdown 015 [640x480].JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 671
#2 Scandinavian Dog

Trying to go for something different yet conceptually still a hot dog. Meet the Scandinavian Dog.

Grilled Hebrew National dog with melted Danish Fontina cheese, caramelized onion, and rendered salt pork :!: on Lefse (Norwegian flatbread).

Attachments

• wiener throwdown 012 [640x480].JPG
    wiener throwdown 012 [640x480].JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 663
thirdeye Tubesteak Throwdown

DSC06608JPGathrowdown.jpg

I guess when it comes to a beef hotdog, I like 'em fried, so for lunch I set up my spider and cast iron griddle, then broke out some Crisco. :icon_devil Now, it seemed kind of strange for me to only fry up a few dogs, so.......I brought a potato, an onion and a jalapeno into the picture.​

After talking about the plate shots/pit shots in the 2008 Throwdown thread, I think I want my money shot this week to be the pit shot....​

DSC06624JPGathrowdown.jpg

Sauerkraut, Kielbasa and Andouille

I present to you my first Throw Down entry... Sauerkraut, Kielbasa and Andouille tube steak

ThrowDown1.jpg

ThrowDown.jpg

Grilled a couple Nathan's hot dogs with some chili fries.

96.jpg

2.jpg

Cheers,
Nate

OK here is mine

I took an All Beef Frank, split it down the side, and stuffed it with sharp chedder cheese. Wrapped that sucker with 2 strips of bacon and deep fried it for 3 1/2 minutes.

Used a Potato Roll, with Frenches Yellow Mustard, Klassen Dill Pickle Relish with Green Chillies, and finished it off with some more sharp chedder.

Served with fries.

3158201280_e142b01a2a.jpg

Back