Kosmo's & Bovine Bold - Long

Rookie'48

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Well, I got hold of a couple of CABs the other day & decided to try some of that Kosmo's Brisket Injection. This is the first time that I've used this stuff but it won't be the last :-D. I started with a 12 pound CAB packer, trimmed all of the fat off (a la HoDeDo), injected with 3/4 cup Kosmo's mixed with 2 cups unsalted beef broth (Swanson's ?), then gave it a good rub of Plowboy's Bovine Bold. The brisky then went into a 2 1/2 gallon zip-lock to rest over night. I turned the bag twice in 12 hours then re-rubbed it with Bovine before I put it on the UDS loaded up with RO briquettes and some cherry chunks, running at about 275*. When the flat got to 170* I split the point off, cubed it (the point), gave it a heavy dose of Bovine Bold & put the chunks in a pan to smoke for burnt ends. All good so far, right?
It's a good thing that I used all of that injection mix because time & temp got away from me at the end. When I got my head out of my arse the flat was at 190* so I quickly pulled it out of the drum, wrapped, toweled & rested for no more than an hour. It was over cooked, almost pull-able at the edges but still very moist & tasty. The flat, outside of MY screw up, was one of the best that I have ever done & the burnt ends WERE the best I've done :-D:-D:-D.
If the Kosmo's & Bovine Bold can make me happy when I screw up, think how good it could have been :rolleyes:.

Attachments

• 100_1460.jpg
    100_1460.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 405
  • 100_1468.jpg
    100_1468.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 398
  • 100_1472.jpg
    100_1472.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 396
Perfect combination of injection and rub! Very very happy with the two together.

Looks good from here! Nice ring too. :)

I would happily take a plate of that.

Dave, you have a collector's item there with the "Critter Rub" shaker. That made me laugh!

Dave, you have a collector's item there with the "Critter Rub" shaker. That made me laugh!

I re-fill that from my 5 pound bag of Bovine Bold :-D. Did you sell the 075 yet? (Oops, I highjacked my own thread :eek:).

I re-fill that from my 5 pound bag of Bovine Bold :-D. Did you sell the 075 yet? (Oops, I highjacked my own thread :eek:).

I'm holding it for you. I won't be in town, but Audrey will be. Or we can see about getting it to the bash for you. It is yours until you tell me no.

Todd, I'll take it! PM coming your way.

I agree...Kosmos injection is an Excellent product!! I need to order me some bovine bold....Im sure that would be an outstanding combination!

I agree...Kosmos injection is an Excellent product!! I need to order me some bovine bold....Im sure that would be an outstanding combination!

GO BOLD!!!!

Looks excellent Rookie!:biggrin:

I need to get me some Bovine bold. Flat looks perfect to me and nice smoke ring!

Great looking pron you got there rookie! I am glad to hear that you like the injection and if you need anything from me just let me know! Man I wish I was doing a brisket now. Dang that looks good!

Back