Usd?

Well, thank you everyone!!!.....it seems it is a unanimous decision. onward and upward :)

I was skeptical at first. Went ahead and built one last week. Seasoned it on Thursday and learned the temps etc. Put a 11lb butt on it Friday nite and let it go for 16 1/2 hours. Temp never faltered once and was by far the best butt I had ever cooked. The efficiency of the UDS is an understatement. After a 16 1/2 hour cook I still had enough fuel to burn probably another 5 hours. I'm thinking brisket this weekend :)

Another UDS fan! Please take pics of your uds build if you get the time. :thumb:

When I finally broke down & got a UDS, I wondered why I had been so hard-headed & stuck on chasing temps in my Chargriller. MY CG has sat idle under a tarp since I got the UDS.

I recently built my first one and have cooked on it once so far and already started building another one last night. I'm happy, the wife ..... Anyhow. Yeah, love it! Can't go wrong.

I want a electric uds.

Anybody with some info, let me know.

Another UDS fan! Please take pics of your uds build if you get the time. :thumb:

I will more than likely buy one already built or have someone build me one. I currently do not have the time (probably not the tools either) to take on this project. I will posts pics of what I do get :)

I will more than likely buy one already built or have someone build me one. I currently do not have the time (probably not the tools either) to take on this project. I will posts pics of what I do get :)
Do you have 3-5 hours?
Do you have a drill and a adjustable wrench?
Do you have $140 ?

Yes they are all that folks say they are. Whatever features you decide to add be sure to make it so you can raise the coals up for grilling and searing. UDS' kick a$$!!!

I want a electric uds.

Anybody with some info, let me know.

I got the perfect one.
- Go on craigslist and buy an electric oven.
- Put wheels on the oven.
- Plug oven into outside electrical socket.
- ???
- Profit.

Never had a UDS, but lots of folks win comps with them.
+1 ;-)

Amen....while I'm a total rookie with comps (3 so far) we placed 28th out of 85 teams in ribs...cooked in my baby. Our UDS is so ugly a few of the certified judges not in the comp swore no food cooked in it could even be edible....:mrgreen::mrgreen:

Back