• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Cracklins....?

Beast Drinker

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Hey y'all. Earlier tonight I was skinnin' a picnic and thought to myself, hey man why don't I cut up this here skin and fry it up in that yonder Crisco. Then the Wife came in whilst I was cuttin' it up and said you are absolutely not allowed to deep fry no pig skin in my kitchen. So I grudgingly threw my treasure in the trash.So I didn't do it... THIS TIME.

How do y'all fix yer cracklins? I never did it before probably shoulda consulted ya before fryin anyway.

The picnic got some OJ / lemon juice / Paprika, Goya adobo/ cumin/ and seasoned salt in the fridge now. Im'a smoke it with mesquite for some so west flavor in the AM and shred it for burritos tomorrow night.

But alls I can really think about is that skin I was forced to throw out. I never usually mess with a picnic cause of havin to skin it..... NOW I feel like I threw out some good stuff!

How do y'all do them?

I have cubed it, put it in a shallow pan and put them on my pit along with the meat. Just cook them slowly and let the fat render until you have the crunchy, sticky shell left! Dust with your favorite rub and there ya go! Eat em' like popcorn!:wink:

EMM HMM. Next time I won't get caught . I wasa gonna just fry them up, but I didn't have any lard. Just some shortening... Man I been cheated.

Speakin of cheating is it cheating to Fry up the skin off the same piece of meat and box it with your pulled pork instead of the lettuce stuff the comp guys do?

Back