• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Grilled Fruit

cmcadams

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I grilled some sea bass and sides last night for dinner, and I still had a good amount of heat left in the coals, so I halved some bosc pear, sprinkled on a bit of cinnamon and cane sugar, and grilled them until they were just cooked, added some caramel sauce and a dab of ice cream... great stuff. I also love grilled fresh pineapple...

What are your favorite ways to grill fruit? I'm thinking of trying strawberries at the season approaches.

I love to grill fruit. Apples and pears are always good. I like to let pears stew in some rum and butter before I introduce them to the fire. Pineapple, IMO, needs no such adulteration- just adding a little smokiness makes it out of this world. I like to do some apple rings to serve with pork chops.

i dunk pinepple slices in Dark rum( or brandy) and then roll them in brown sugar/cinnamon and grillem till the sugar carmelizes. Wors well with peaches or pears also.

I like pineapple with nothing, too... but the dark rum with pears and apples sounds good.

Tonight, I'm doing grilled chicken, and I think I'm giong to halve some meyer lemons, grill them, and make a sauce with the juice. I'll probably grill a couple of slices for garnish, too.

I think banana would grill well, but I would want to use a grill mat or something similar...don't know if grill mats can take direct heat, though.

cmcadams said:
I think banana would grill well, but I would want to use a grill mat or something similar...don't know if grill mats can take direct heat, though.

Grill pan.

I experiment with all types of firm fruit. Pineapple work well, so do peaches. Of course I believe everything taste better when cooked over fire.

Bananas slice in half lengthwise leave skin on brush maple syrup then sprinkle cinnamon grill then serve with vanilla ice cream

I did oranges and meyer lemons... turned out pretty good... mostly, it allowed the juices to mellow a bit and made them easy to squeeze.

icemn62 said:
I experiment with all types of firm fruit.

It's a good thing this isn't the Wood Pile.

Dunked, rolled and grilled pineapple sounds really good to me.

apples grill really well.. I like to cut rings and put cinnamon and brown sugar on them. Mangos will be grilled this weekend, I think... Heck, I may just go to the store and get a variety of fruit and make a grilled fruit salad, add some dark rum, and sit back while I do a practice cook.

Curt's got it- rings are the way to go. Fujis are my favorite apple, and they're my favorite to grill, too. I haven't had much success with tart apples like Granny Smiths or Pink Ladies. They're good for pie 'cause they macerate in sugar for so long. Grilling is counterproductive to successful maceration.

Curt or Shohn

Any luck with Golden Delicious?

Those are my favorite, but they are kind of soft, for an apple

I'm gonna be trying some of these fruit variations soon.

Never would have guessed on the banana's or pears.

I like jonathons, which also hold together well. Golden Delicious would likely fall apart easily... You might try halving them, scooping out the seeds, and filling with brown sugar and cinnamon.

I think Goldens would turn to grilled applesauce (!). Halved and filled would probably be the way to go, but you wouldn't get near the surface area exposed to the fire to carmelize the natural sugars. I'm not a big fan of Goldens, anyway, so I've never tried them though.

Don't know how I missed this thread, but I'm going to the store. MMMMMMM Grilled fruit.

Back