Hotdogs in ground beef and BACON

mattdean1003

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
So, I decided to try something that I've deep fried before with incredible results but this time introducing a little bit of hickory and oak to it. I took some ground beef and basically made mini fatties, about a half pound of ground beef rolled out flat. I put in a Ball Park, my favorite store brand hot dog, rolled it up in the ground beef, then rolled THAT in bacon. I dusted it with a little Smokey Bourbon seasoning from Academy. I present to you the triple bypass:

Drink of choice is a Newcastle for the current smoke.

Well you sure got my attention, looks great

...........FARK! I forgot to put cheese in with it! Hmm. I do have some homemade cheese sauce from the broccoli and cheese we made last night. Nah, I'll just wait and make sure I have cheese on hand the next time I do it.

EVERY SINGLE TIME I want to smoke something, Bogart turns into a high wind zone. Smoker starts drawing, temp settles in, a high wind comes up and blows ALL the smoke down the stack and out the firebox. OK, time for Newcastle #3...

You had me at hotdogs! I'm in :biggrin1:

Hot dog and ground beef and bacon - oh my. You have invented a new improved hot dog bun.

Here's the end result!

They're DELICIOUS. I agree cheese would have made it better but...these little hot dawgs are really good. As they were finishing up I cranked the heat up to semi crisp the bacon and tossed on a French loaf (ready to bake...cheated, I know). So, We have the meat, the bread, and macaroni/cheese. No bun needed..just sliced through it and cut it with my fork.

Fark yeah!! I'm stealing that.

About the wind blowing down the stack, you can slip a piece of flex pipe over it and bend in a 90* angle and then you can spin it any direction opposite the wind.

Looks great! and you washed it all down with Newcastle? I'm jealous.

Nice!!! Maybe we can build on that: add cheese, maybe make it a breakfast dish and some sausage, egg hmmm.

I'd do that. I am going to do that next time :grin:

Major dog fan here. Looks great, cheese or not, I am all in!

Back