• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Her maiden voyage (First cook on my new pit! With some pics))

Really been waiting to see the finished product. I like the smoker well done. What were you fueling it with and how much did it take. Looks like a wood hog...

Really been waiting to see the finished product. I like the smoker well done. What were you fueling it with and how much did it take. Looks like a wood hog...

All I had on hand was some apple chunks and some kingsford comp briquet. filled the basket to the top with briquets(5lbs or so ) and apple and lit a dozen briquets in the chimney then placed them on top.

I had a hard time getting it back to temp after I opened the door at the 4 hr mark, so I added a half chimney of lit briquets. All in all I went through 3/4 of an 11 lb bag and a few chunks of apple in 5 1/2-6 hrs.

I want to see how it'll do with wood next time. I just have to find some.

Nice handiwork! Excellent choice on the accompanying beverage, as well!

First time I ever saw an offset made out of barrels , Did you cut a barrel into to make the fire box

Nice work, I'd watch out for fibers of fiberglass from that gasket though. Maybe a coat of oil on it until it gets seasoned. Have fun.

First time I ever saw an offset made out of barrels , Did you cut a barrel into to make the fire box

Yes, there are a couple of us that have an offset barrel cooker.

Nice job all the way around dupemaster. Your cooker will just get better and better with age. Well done!

100_1304.jpg

Back