Pulled Pork & Beans

DerHusker

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
After reading some of the chili posts watching a couple of chili videos I wanted to try some kind of bean dish. I bought some dry pinto beans and soaked 1 lb over night. I had some left over pulled pork in the freezer so I thawed out a package. Got out the Dutch oven and put in the pork, 1 chopped yellow onion, 2 Tbs spoons of EVOO and 2 minced cloves of garlic. Let that cook for 5 min.

IMG_3220.jpg

Dumped in a Karl Strauss Red Trolley Ale and cook another 5 min.

IMG_3221.jpg

Now the beans, 1 ½ cups of water, 1 tsp of chili powder, 1 tsp of Cajun seasoning, ¼ tsp of cumin, ¼ tsp of rosemary flakes, ¼ tsp of Mexican oregano, ¼ tsp of ground sea salt and ¼ tsp of ground black pepper.

IMG_3222.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu319/DerHusker/DerHusker%
20Grilling/IMG_3224.jpg

Cover and cook for 2 hours, stirring every 10 to 15 min.

IMG_3223.jpg

IMG_3226.jpg

After 2 hours I added 1 bunch of chopped cilantro, stirred and turned off the burner and it’s ready to serve.

IMG_3228.jpg

Money shot.
IMG_3229.jpg

It turned out great. It had a little Chili Verde taste to it but not to much. It was a little hot from the chili powder and the Cajun seasoning the first serving right out of the Dutch oven. Had some more today and it mellowed out nicely overnight in the fridge.

looks good.. nice dutch oven! I am in the market for one of those also...

Nice. I love a good bean dish! :hungry:

Thanks everyone. I'm not sure how to edit my post but just in case you wrote down the recipe earlier I had forgotten that I had added 1 ½ diced jalapenos so I including another post to include. (I was wondering why 1 tsp of chili powder and 1 tsp of Cajun seasoning would have made it that hot when I first tried it :doh:)

Back