Dillard here we come (Merged Dillard, GA Threads)

Dillard here we come

Leaving at 6:30 and hope to get to Tifton, Ga by 11-12:00ish we are meeting Mike from the Woodhouse or StumpsSmokers who ever he is now a days and Mark from Smoke & Spice. I guess we are going to caravan together the rest of the way tomorrow....
Names on the trailer now..

RE: Dillard here we come

Nice trailer. Good luck with thecontest!

Good luck Brother! make us proud.

Go get em Bro. teach another group to Fear The Pig!!!

Cracker Got his Brethren Banner!!! Hang that banner high!!! Good luck Jimmy... Kick some Butt!.. and brisket... and chicken...... ribs.....

Good Luck to all the brothers that are going.Wish we could be there.Have a safe trip and a great time. :D

Willy T.

I'm loaded, gassed up, hitched up, lights checked, in other words: ready to head north to Dillard, GA, Thursday morning.

It's going to be a great cook off - lots of name teams and many Tim and I have met here in Florida. One nice thing about a Thursday - Saturday event is the downtime to visit - and if you get there on Thursday you have lots and lots of time to get the site just right, mix up marinades, etc. It really eliminates the stress of driving in Friday, setting up, and cooking for Saturday noon turn-in.

We'll stay over Saturday night and have a nice rested drive back to FLA on Sunday.

Needless to say, no posts until Sunday night. :D Unless Noah visits and puts a report together.

Damn, some of us have cell phones.....you could call us......!
I hate suspense!! :mrgreen:

I might have a post or two if the pictures come out!
Noah

Guys,
Just a quick note, as I just got back from Dillard. I was thrilled to meet Dave, Tim, and Jimmy, and they are a great bunch of guys. Dave's Kingfisher is a cooking machine, and Jimmy's duel Spicewine cookers are art in motion! Everybody was very forthcoming with tips and insight, and I am glad to be able to call them my Brethren! Jimmy has a great family, and Dave and Tim are really a couple of pros! I was also able to meet Mr. Ortone of Ortone Smokers, and he had a great smoker on display.

Below are some pictures taken today of Dave and Tim, Jimmy's rig, the Ortone smoker (red and black), and Dave and Tim's masterpiece turn in. I had to leave before results were in, so I cannot post.

Enjoy,
Noah

For some reason, the picture of Jimmy's smokers did not post, so here we go again.

Just heard that HomeBBQ.com came in third overall with a second place ribs and third place brisket. Another Brethren Victory! Fear the pig!

I did forget to mention that HomeBBQ had a real nice set up, and a great looking Lang smoker.

Licking my wounds as we speak
I drove 11 hrs to get my teeth kicked in…. ouch.
Too many distractions I think…Took the whole family and had lots of fun.

Dillard is a great place to have a contest.
That place is beautiful! I will go back…

Good to you meet Noah.
Gongrats to Dave & Tim for walking the stage... Lots of real good teams...I think it was chicken good job..

Overall:

1-Buttrub.com
2-Jack's Old South
3-HomeBBQ.com
4-Firehouse BBQ
5-Wild Bunch Butt Burners
6-Music City Pig Pals
7-The Q Company
8-Pig Pounda Kappa
9-Smoky Mountain Smokers
10-Lazy Bones BBQ

Chicken:

1-Buttrub.com
2-Oink, Cackle, & Moo 2
3-Bareknuckles
4-Lazy Bones BBq
5-Pigs in Heat
6-Wild Bunch Butt Burners
7-Bobby-Q
8-Southern Brethren
9-Pig Pounda Kappa
10-Smoky Mountain Smokers

Ribs:

1-Firehouse BBQ
2-HomeBBQ.com
3-Pig Pounda Kappa
4-Smoky Mountain Smokers
5-Blue Valley BBQ
6-Jus-Fer-Fun
7-Jack's Old South
8-CookersandGrills.com
9-Wild Bunch Butt Burners
10-IQUE

Pork:

1-Jack's Old South
2-Benny's BBQ
3-Double Eagle Cooking Team
4-Lazy Bones BBQ
5-Buttrub.com
6-Pig Pounda Kappa
7-Sue E. Pigg
8-Oink, Cackle & Moo 2
9-Pork-N-Bones
10-Kilted Kilby BBQ

Brisket:

1-Smoke & Spice
2-Wild Bunch Butt Burners
3-HomeBBQ.com
4-Music City Pig Pals
5-Swap Water Boys
6-Bobby-Q
7-The Q Company
8-Benny's BBQ
9-Buttrub.com
10-Green Eggs & Ham

Well, we are home and got some sleep.
Great event (except for water supply)--loaded with National Ranked talent.
Our mentor, Myron Mixon (Jack's Old South) pulled Reserve GC--way to go!

Nice to visit with Kevin (HomeBBQ who placed 3rd--Ya Hoo!!) and Mike (WoodHouse, aka Stumps Cookers, aka ?? :lol: ).
Finally got to meet Jimmy (Smokin Cracker). Great Brother!
That is one sweet rig Jimmy is building there with the impressive Spice cookers on the back. Great workmanship on those cookers Jay.
Jimmy is flying the Brethren Banner and Mike wants to order one with some "other Brethren stuff" :lol:
The Brethren are getting out there.

Noah--thanks for coming by with your darling daughter. Great to meet you.

Took an 8th in chicken. Otherwise, DAM or just below as always.
The brisket entry is the 2nd messiest box we have ever turned in-I goofed. :twisted: Paid for it with solid 7's on appearance and it pulled down much better taste and texture scores.

From our little perspective, the judging was the most consistant we have seen. We had mostly high scores with almost no "wild card (high or low)" scores. Predominately 8s with lots of 7s, and 9s. That will not not place in this field. Our scores actually pointed out the areas that hurt us, so we can focus on improving. Really informative for once.

Dave's new KingFisher is awsome for Comp or Catering!!! So flexible with the rotis... area and a grill area. Made our job so much easier. Just feed Ferris with fuel (timing and amount not important) and she locks on our cooking temp :lol: No brainer.

Dillard is over--gotta get ready for Key Largo. I will be out of money after that-so I hope it is fun. Another damn "qualifier", but limited to 25 teams. So, we can be no lower than 25th for my "swan song" event :lol:

It would be really nice to find an event down here that did not draw the folks you see on Food Network in mass :twisted: But, every event within range is "important" for some reason or the other, so we always get to "run with the big dogs". Would make a win much more valid, but damn hard to beat the full time pros :twisted: Them suckers can cook "notches above reality" :lol:
Oh well :lol:

Have some pics I may post later.
Thanks for the support guys.

TIM

Congrats Tim and Dave! 8place ain't bad in that company.

Back