Beef Ribs with pics

deez20

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Decided to clean out the freezer and had these 2 racks of beef ribs in there that needed to be smoked.
i-d5tnMbn-XL.jpg

Rubbed with some tasty licks black barts brisket rub

i-2WW3mXK-XL.jpg

About 3 hours in

i-Kf6fdbR-XL.jpg

Finished product

i-cGM9MTq-XL.jpg

This was only my 2nd time cooking beef ribs and man were these delicious. They definitely came out better than the first time but I think I ate to many of them.

Steve those look awsome. What was the total cook time and temp and did you foil at all?

Those look amazing. Congrats on a successful cook.

Steve those look awsome. What was the total cook time and temp and did you foil at all?

Total time was about 5 hours at 250. I did a 3/1.5/.5 method and the meat easily came off the bones. I don't think I foiled them the first time I made them and they were tough so I foiled this time.

Oh man those look great. How much were they per/lb. I just picked some up, 1.99/lb, this morning for a smoke tomorrow but they dont look half as good as yours. I too have used the tasty licks black barts and love it. If you have their redeye rub mix the two 50/50, its the lick for pulled beef as well.

Oh man those look great. How much were they per/lb. I just picked some up, 1.99/lb, this morning for a smoke tomorrow but they dont look half as good as yours.
You're killing me here - I have to give $3.59/lb for beef ribs. If I could get them for $1.99 I would definately do them more often!

Oh man those look great. How much were they per/lb. I just picked some up, 1.99/lb, this morning for a smoke tomorrow but they dont look half as good as yours. I too have used the tasty licks black barts and love it. If you have their redeye rub mix the two 50/50, its the lick for pulled beef as well.

Not sure of the price as they came in a 3 pack and I separated and put them in food saver bags awhile ago. I do indeed have the redeye rub, I will have to try your suggestion and mix the 2, thanks.

man those look great I have never tried them but looks like I will have to soon

Back