Contest Announcment Smokin' on Big Creek, Pleasant Hill, Missouri (April 1-2, 2011)

Jeff_in_KC

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
As of today, we are at exactly 1/3 full already at 22 teams! After Kookers Kare Winterfest this weekend (where many contest entries are raffled), we will fill up VERY quickly! In fact, last year, I was handed about six or so entries after the raffle. More details and the entry form online at www.SmokinOnBigCreekBBQ.com. It's also $20 cheaper to get entered prior to March 1. We have 100% CBJs already signed up and hope to get close to last year's $10,000 prize purse!

Oh, how I remember the Mexican potluck...you talk about some go eats!

I haven't heard yet if the Brethren National Team is making a return trip to cook this one. Teresa and I have talked about coming and cooking this one, but it probably will just end us as talk. We would be a late entry for sure.

Great contest!

Oh, how I remember the Mexican potluck...

Come back and "live" it again! ;-) Slabs will be signing up after Kookers Kare this weekend. We'll have the potluck again and hopefully I can talk the MooCow Men into bringing their margarita machine!!!!

Come back and "live" it again! ;-) Slabs will be signing up after Kookers Kare this weekend. We'll have the potluck again and hopefully I can talk the MooCow Men into bringing their margarita machine!!!!
The margarita machine can defiantly be arranged!!! This is one our favorite contest of the year and we are just volunteers! Look forward to seeing everyone.

I will be making the drive from Nebraska! my check will be in the mail this week.....How much sweet talking do I have to do to get a spot close to turn ins Jeff? I will be cooking solo as of right now!

If you'll have us, this will be the first KCBS comp for Monty's Little Monsters. I'm impressed: $180 entry fee, 30x30 spaces?!?! See you there.

I'm so in for this. I marked a brisket in the freezer for carne guisada yesterday, with Pleasant Hill in mind.

I have some crumbled Maytag blue cheeze in the freezer that I need to use up. Maybe some BC hambagerers.:cool:

We'll be there again this year. Had a BLAST last year--it was a regular Brethren Bash!

Hoping to finally make the trip this year after scratching it off the list the last two!!

I am scheduled to fly in and make sure that someones cookers keep going while they are celebrating.....:becky:, but, this year no Them Ohio City Boys or 2 Worthless Nuts......a lot less pressure that way

I'm so in for this. I marked a brisket in the freezer for carne guisada yesterday, with Pleasant Hill in mind.

Sure, sure, sure....I keep HEARIN' about it, never have eaten it....:shocked:

Back