Drive by steak Pr0n!

BigButzBBQ

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I cooked up some steaks the other night to test out my new Man Grates. Plan on doing a review on them once I have put them through their paces more but, here is the pics of the steak cook in rapid fire mode.
065.jpg

068.jpg

069.jpg

070.jpg

072.jpg

073.jpg

074.jpg

075.jpg

079.jpg

084.jpg

Thanks for looking!:becky:

Interesting contrast between those on the grate and the one that wasn't, but the one that wasn't also didn't look like it was over the coals. When you do the review will you be doing a side-by-side comparison?

Interesting contrast between those on the grate and the one that wasn't, but the one that wasn't also didn't look like it was over the coals. When you do the review will you be doing a side-by-side comparison?

You're right, in this case it would not be a fair comparison due to the one not being directly over the coals. This was the first use and was looking more at promised performance than anything else. Although, I will note that between the two grates, I only had room for two steaks. Yes, they were slightly large steaks but, still to me, that's note worthy.

I will be shocked if those things have any actual value what so ever. I look forward to your review. Nice looking steaks though!

I dunno, those steaks all look good, but, the man grates really did mark the steaks nicely. I want to see what else Tom comes up with beyond the steaks.

Nice lookin' steaks! :thumb: What's in the mushrooms?

The man grates sound like a good idea, but I think maybe they're too small to be really useful. I think I'll just replace the entire grate with cast iron instead.

Making me hungry looking at that beef. What cut are those steaks?
I picked up a whole sirloin roast on sale the other week. These were some of the steaks that I had cut off of it. Thought about posting the butchering but, didn't think it would be that interesting. :laugh:

Nice lookin' steaks! :thumb: What's in the mushrooms?

The man grates sound like a good idea, but I think maybe they're too small to be really useful. I think I'll just replace the entire grate with cast iron instead.
The mushrooms were the ones from this post: Easy Recipe: Big Butz Stuffed Mushrooms

At this point, I think it is greatly dependent upon the size of the items you're cooking, when it comes to the Man Grate sizing issues. These steaks were about Porter House size. Although, I do like the idea of having a full cast iron grate. :becky:

Steaks sure look good.

What are the mushrooms placed on? Looks to be galvanized from the pic, but that just may be the lighting.

Steaks sure look good.

What are the mushrooms placed on? Looks to be galvanized from the pic, but that just may be the lighting.

That's actually a Teflon coated mesh called a Frogmat. Can't put them over direct heat but, keeps stuff from sticking to the grates and they wash up easy.

Back