View Single Post
Old 12-25-2010, 02:21 PM   #10
Vince B
is one Smokin' Farker

Will do big dog. I ran into one snag while trying to load the smoker. Being that I was doing two 7+lb rib roasts with the ham I could not load them on the top rack with the ham on the bottom. Reason the foil pans with the wire racks would not fit.

I decided to put the ham on a foiled pizza pan on the top. On the bottom I still used the foil pans but cut the sides so I could slide them together. Then I over lapped the two cookie wire racks and jammed the two roasts on the bottom. I figured the pans would help deflect some of the heat on the sides of the roasts and with ham panned on the top I do not have to worry about the juices mixing!

I have had the wsm running since 1:00 @ 235-240 now for a little over an hour. The ham is only about 10* less than the rib roasts. I figure I might use a tip that I saw RonL post about pulling the roasts below their desired temp. Take and toss them in a 140* oven to hold until the ham is done. I figured this might help with my timing some if need be. My original plan was to start the ham first but that plan went to hell in a hand basket!

I did take some pic's with my camera phone however I'm not sure how they will turn out. Wish me luck and I will update later! Thanks again. Vince