• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Pastrami...........Again

aquablue22

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
As i was making my way past the meat counter last week I stumbled upon the corned beef section, man o man did a pastrami sandwich with pickles, deli mustard and melted Swiss cheese sound good. So I found this nice little 4 pound corned beef and adopted it. Got it home and soaked it in clear water for 3 days, changing the water every 10 hours or so. Next I made a rub of:

4 tbsp Ground Pepper
2 tsp Ground Coriander
1 tsp Granulated Garlic
1 tsp Onion Powder
2 tsp Simply Marvelous Sweet and Spicy
1/2 tsp Thyme
1 tsp Paprika
1 tsp Ground Mustard
1 tsp Raw Sugar
1/2 tsp Chipotle Powder

I dried off the corned beef and covered it with the rub and back in the frig for 12 hours. Since it was just a little fella I fired up the 18.5 Weber Kettle and smoked it at 225 using Apple chips until it hit 165, then i pulled it off and wrapped it up in foil and let it rest for 2 hours. Sliced very thin and piled high on fresh deli seeded rye and grilled with pickles, deli mustard and Swiss cheese..........! :thumb::thumb:

Attachments

• IMG_0674.jpg
    IMG_0674.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_0675.jpg
    IMG_0675.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_0676.jpg
    IMG_0676.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_0678.jpg
    IMG_0678.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_0680.jpg
    IMG_0680.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_0681.jpg
    IMG_0681.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 148
That looks delicious! The Swiss Cheese is a nice touch. Add a little sauerkraut and Russian Dressing and I would be in Reuben Heaven!

Hmmm for some reason I'm now craving a pastrami sandwich for breakfast!

Venice huh? I'm over on the east coast be there in 3 hrs
Have one ready just like your but with Russian dressing please. Oh I'll bring the beer.

Good looking Pastrami there and that reminds me I havent done that in a while THANKS

spice mix sounds interesting. i read somewhere about using some rough chopped potato to help absorb salt from the water, thereby reducing the salinity of the water, thereby allowing more salt to be pulled into the water. Is this just an Irish myth? I could not tell the difference, but then again I also went 3 days so who knows.

Looks great; I still have one in the freezer that I may need to get on...

Back