WSMs needed for Boise KCBS contest

Funtimebbq

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Hello All,

Is there anyone who may have two 18" WSMs they are willing to loan to a CA team (Slap Yo Daddy) for the Boise contest on 7-22,23. If so, please send me a PM and I will get back to you with a list of additional equipment we may need. I don't think it would be extensive because I have a sister living in Jerome who owns a motorhome. I will ask to borrow it for shelter/prep if we can borrow the WSMs.

Thanks, Benny

Hello All,

Is there anyone who may have two 18" WSMs they are willing to loan to a CA team (Slap Yo Daddy) for the Boise contest on 7-22,23. If so, please send me a PM and I will get back to you with a list of additional equipment we may need. I don't think it would be extensive because I have a sister living in Jerome who owns a motorhome. I will ask to borrow it for shelter/prep if we can borrow the WSMs.

Thanks, Benny

WOW I wish yall were closer to South Carolina I have 2 18 1/2 WSMS and one 22 1/2 WSM I could lewt them use for sure!!!

Hey funtimebbq, do you have more details or a link to that Boise event? If I can swing it, I want to ry and make this one and I'd be happy to bring two 18.5s for Slap Yo Daddy to cook on. Heck, I'll even lend you my stoker if Harry Soo will sign it :becky:

Jeff,

Thank you for such a quick response. The event is listed on the KCBS site. That is about as much as we know. I'll have Harry send you a PM or e-mail.

Benny

Hey Jeff:
The event info is
http://www.kcbs.us/events.php?year=&month=&id=2395

We would like to fly in and cook in Boise but have not firmed our plans. It still depends on travel logistics, family schedule, and finances. Any support would be greatly appreciated.

Here is our travelling checklist
  1. One 10X10 canopy
  2. 5 gal buckets or weights and straps to hold down the 10X10 in case the wind kicks up
  3. Two Weber 18-inch WSMs
  4. Grill Brush
  5. 2 folding prep tables
  6. 2 folding chairs
  7. 1 Cambro for storing cooked meats (UPC 300 or UPC 400 would work)
  8. 4 full size stainless hotel pans to fit in Cambro (if possible, else I'll get foil pans)
  9. 1 Igloo to store cold meats
  10. 1 Igloo to store ice, drinks, parsley and lettuce
  11. 1 Weber charcoal chimney
  12. 50 or 100 ft electric extension cord; misc extension and splitters
  13. Electric lights for nighttime
  14. 1 Trash can
  15. 1 Fire extinguisher

Harry, I emailed you and Benny...I've got the bullets for you to cook on. I'll get them seasoned up for you. I'll piece together some of the other equipment as well... I just sent for the registration info for this cook... we are looking forward to meeting you...

Thanks Jeff,

I have a sister with an RV in Jerome (Twin Falls). If she will visit and loan the RV, there may not be as much needed to compete.

Will you be competing on your own as well?

Benny

I'm in Boise and I'll be cooking that event. I would be happy to bring you a WSM. I'm looking for another.

John

Yes, Benny, I hope there is stil an opening... I emailed the contact to get registration information. This is going to be fun...

Excellent, Patio Daddio, I look forward to meeting you too... I've followed your blog and I love it...

Back