Thanks where thanks are due!

Jeff_in_KC

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Gentlemen, I'm outta here. I obviously won't be around any computer until Sunday so as I'm headed out of the office door to continue dragging my load to the Royal, I wanted to take the opportunity to thank all of you for your advice, suggestions, support and encouragement while I was preparing for my first ever contest. It means a lot to have you folks here for that! Whatever success we have I can attribute to you guys! :wink:

I've learned a lot and one of those things is that I don't think I'll do the Royal next year (unless of course I can't turn down an invite to the Invitational! :-D:lol: :lol: :lol: ). This is SUCH a huge mess and I don't like having to drag along everything I've had to do for this big event. I'm really looking forward to DeSoto in two weeks so I can experience a less hectic, crowded contest with 30 teams and no big cook on Friday night! Next year, I'm looking forward to the event Greg is working on at Kankakee instead!

Take care and have a great weekend! Good luck to anyone else competing at other places. Rod, Wayne, Jim and Ray, I'll look you all up!

Gotta go get a HUGE education! Later...

Good lucck and I do really hope you have a safe and fun time. Hope you do get to walk the stage and win the GC trophy. With luck FOOD TV will have cameras present, and your personality will come across. you wind up with your own new show, BBQ in KC. Each week you bring a brehren on as a special guest.

HAVE FUN

Good luck, Jeff! Have a good one and keep in mind that even though it's a lot of work.....you have to remember to have fun too! We expect a full report on Sunday!

chad said:
Have a safe trip and don't lock the keys in the truck!

From the way Jeff talks about all the stuff he's taking with him, I'm sure he can find a SlimJim in there too. :lol:

Jeff,
I know you won't read this till after the Royal, but your post sounds like you have a little last minute remorse. We all know from your many posts leading up to this weekend that you are serious and willing to do whatever it takes to be succesfull. Just hope you remember to have fun. Life's too short to for regrets. Best of luck.

It was nice meeting you and your wife - hope all your boxes hit the high scoring tables

I don't know if you can call it remorse. More like "God, this is a lot of crap to pull across the metro area and I gotta clean it all up when I get home" kinda feeling.

I will probably cook this event again with better locations and so forth. I told a buddy of mine that he couldn't name ONE THING you need for a contest that I don't have. I was wrong... CHAP STICK!!! My farking lips are toast!!! Oh yeah, and onion powder... and my rib rub recipe. I ran out and although I had most all of the ingredients, I couldn't recall the amounts!

I'm really looking forward to DeSoto with a LOT lighter load and eating WAYNE's food Friday night! LOL!

Back