• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Stl Ribs and Tips on the UDS

tgstrang

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Just smoked some St Louis cuts and the tips. Smoked in the drum with some Apple and a few chunks of Hickory. Rubbed the ribs with some Blues Hog (too lazy to make my own rub). About 2 hours in a big storm started blowing in and the wind picked up to about 20-30mph. The UDS was still holding temp pretty well (was swinging +/- 20 degrees with the wind gust). Not that's a big deal or anything but I'm just used to being able to dial my drum and it will usually just stay pegged at that temp for the whole cook. The wind was also messing with my clean burning fire and my nice thin blue smoke. I put the IQ110 in an effort to control the airflow better and ended up deciding to foil the ribs so they didn't take on too much smoke. I also went with sauce on these ribs. I ended up using the juices out out of the foil and thinned out some Pappy's Sauce with it. The sauce was a little sweeter than I like (I like their hot BBQ sauce but my wife hates all things spicy :crazy:) but was still pretty damn good. Overall, these were some of the best ribs I've done in a while. They were juicy as hell but weren't falling apart. Made some twice baked tatos, salad, green beans and few deviled eggs to go along with the ribs. All in all, It was a good Sunday.

T

Last edited:
And a couple of Tootsie Pops for dessert! Looks good!

Mmmm, Lookin good. Really been thinkin about getting a UDS. Worth it if I already have the GMG?

dude, looks great! I saw "Blues" in your post and was immediately let down. (Hockey fan, sorry) Then I realized you're talking about sauce. lol

Anyway, ribs look ridiculously good.

Back