4 Open Weekends Left

jbrink01

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
in my schedule for contests according to my family event planner, and not sure where to go. My weekends are May 13, May 27, June 3, and October 28.

Suggestions are welcomed! I'd like to stay within a 6 hour drive of St. Louis..............

Of those, I only know what we've done and Huron, SD is a great contest. It's worth the drive because, although small, the payouts are great, it's very cooker friendly and a Grand will give you a 50/50 shot at the South Dakota Jack draw. I know it's further than six hours from you but it's my suggestion for June 3 if a little further is do-able for you.

Come on up to Westmont for May 27th Jeff. It's a Sat/Sun contest...

Looked at it Scottie. Are spaces pretty tight?
I went 2 years ago and it was a little tight. However if you get there early then no problem. If you pull in Saturday well it could be fun.

It's a good contest but one i didn't score well at. I'd be doing it this year but got into the Baton Rouge SAMS draw on Memorial Day so had to miss it.

I'm sure if you go Scottie will talk to James and make sure you have a good spot.

Scottie / Ford - You've about talked me into it. My trailer is 21' 6" long (tongue included) with the ramp door up and 8.5'W + an 8' Awning. Would likely roll in Friday late afternoon........I'll let you know.....Thanks!

Smokin in Steele in Owatonna MN is the first weekend in June. It is close to the

6 hour drive you mentioned.

It is a $10,000 contest with a history of quality and fun.

Want more info? Just ask.

Scottie / Ford - You've about talked me into it. My trailer is 21' 6" long (tongue included) with the ramp door up and 8.5'W + an 8' Awning. Would likely roll in Friday late afternoon........I'll let you know.....Thanks!

The entry form says its an extra $50 to get an extra 20x20 worth of space which sounds pretty cheap to me.

See you there!

May 13-14, Claremore, Ok. 5.5 hrs. from STL straight down I-44.
http://www.claremorereveille.com/

I will second this comp as I have registered and making the trip to Tulsa.

I also recommend Holy Smokers in Valley Park, MO for Halloween weekend. It is not KCBS, but is a nice local event to cap off a season. The link below is for last years event, but should give you a good idea of what to expect.

http://www.stlouisbbqsociety.com/images/Holy_Smokers_BBQ_flyer_8-7-10.pdf

Back