Blood Plum Mop & Ribs-pr0n

buccaneer

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Ordered some pork bellies and a loin portion and cage.
After a little to and froing getting idea's from brethren friends, I decided to separate the loin section and smoke the cage, and make bacon with the meat.
Today was the ribs and spares.
It is days like these that I send thoughts of worship to the Japanese Blade Gods!!
What a sweet and devastating tool this butcher knife is!

Seasoned the bottom one with Creole seasoning and Gordons, a gift from brother Chicagokp, and the top one with The Rub Company "Original" which is a sensational rub IMO.
Thanks for the recommendation Moose, and to Ryan for the brilliant effort at shipping it for me in bulk!!!
:hail:
This is really delicious stuff!
Onto the bsk, smoked at 170-220 for a while and then upped it to 300 steady.

I have been making a sauce for three days now, it's stone fruit season and every year I use plums as a base.
This year I was lucky enough to get blood plums, my favourite!

Radio playing, it was a beautiful mild sunny day, about 28C, and The Shiv stuck like glue. When the ribs started smelling too good, she howled a protest that it was all taking too long, they were ready now dammit, what was wrong with me!

After a while she gave up, but she wasn't going anywhere in case someone stole her portion

Patience was rewarded, the sauce I used as a mop and it was absolutely delicious!!!

:yo:

OK now I have to wipe the lick marks off the screen..........Dang WP Ho makin me drool like that :hungry:

Awesome cook Bucc's

That IMHO is what BBQ is all about! I'd say "nice work" but that looked too fun to be classified as work.

Cheers!

No recipe, I just think about what I am targeting which in this case is a sauce that will cut the richness of ribs,pork and duck, goose and stuff like that, so I wanted tartness plus complex spices.
Just start with cooking the fruit and add as you go and taste.
Let it rest overnight before deciding about what to do next.
Go for it.

Back