Death Nuts Roasting On an Open Fire...

FamilyManBBQ

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Okay they're not chestnuts...but I did have some almonds hanging around. Smoker still hot following dinner, almonds, Death Dust...why not!?? :becky:

Melted a some butter, and a little brown sugar, in a pan. Gave the almonds a quick bath...
001.jpg

Next, gave them a nice coating of Habanero Death Dust...
005.jpg

Into the mini, over oak (we'd had flat iron steak for dinner. Still some oak wood left)...
021.jpg

Here they are fresh from the smoker...
026.jpg

A little after dinner snack (to be honest, I did give these another toss in a bag with some more Death Dust...after taking the pic)....
029.jpg

This was a fun after dinner project. Work keeping me so busy...haven't been able to cook a thing! These nuts really kept Jack Frost from nipping at my nose...

Gotta thank Mrs Familyman also...had to use her camera (thinking the lens needs cleaning) while mine is in the shop...and her cake pan too!! :becky:

Have you all seen kcmike's charity auction for the first bags of Death Dust!? Good stuff, good cause:
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=122283

Gorgeous! Redhot's gonna be all over this one. How long in the smoke?

Ya know, I wasn't paying too much attention to time. I tried to go outside every 12-20 minutes to give em a shake. I did this a few times. I'd say an hour or so total time.

They smell amazing. Have that nice building heat...the kind that sneaks up on you and smacks you in the mouth!!

Took them to some chile-heads that work for me. They LOVED them!!

Ya know, I wasn't paying too much attention to time. I tried to go outside every 12-20 minutes to give em a shake. I did this a few times. I'd say an hour or so total time.

They smell amazing. Have that nice building heat...the kind that sneaks up on you and smacks you in the mouth!!

Took them to some chile-heads that work for me. They LOVED them!!

Raw almonds have just been added to our shopping list for this afternoon. Thanks!:clap2:

I would've hit the "Thanks" button if there was a pic of my Cutie up here.....I ain't talking about the WGA Bro...

Like the name Death Nuts.:thumb:

I would've hit the "Thanks" button if there was a pic of my Cutie up here.....I ain't talking about the WGA Bro...

Like the name Death Nuts.:thumb:

:becky:Yeah, she was inside, warm, makin' cookies with her mom!! Next time, I promise!

Dang, y'all sure are hard on my grocery bill... almonds and butter have been added to my list. :becky:

They look great, FM!

Back