Costco - Louisiana Grills 900 Pellet Grill with Smoke Box

Jason TQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Was at Costco to pick up a Prime brisket and they had a new Louisiana pellet smoker that wasn't there last week for $799. Like the capacity, but if only that smoke box on the side could hot cook also. I would like a nice easy cold smoker.

Granted the main chamber is pretty darn big for most home use. For the right price drop it could be fun to play with as I still don't own a pellet smoker :becky:. I tried to take a bunch of pics and even tossed in the 17lb brisket I got for reference.

Here's a video I found on youtube about it and you guys can search the website and google for more info. Decent price out of the gate if the $899 retail on the website is accurate for just the main chamber smoker without the smoke box.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX2hbkoSCTA
https://www.louisiana-grills.com/tablet/lg900.html

6PxdJiel.jpg

N1qjEUUl.jpg

cKzH1fYl.jpg

iW246Xll.jpg

Apx2jZLl.jpg

UyckEycl.jpg

mxaRrs4l.jpg

lZKJrDal.jpg

EFgliXUl.jpg

FYPA1uVl.jpg

sYDepnol.jpg

uRIE6Dll.jpg

IxBWcFKl.jpg

T8oBbfml.jpg

LJbUDnOl.jpg

ArAYYLtl.jpg

HaKpM5ml.jpg

I don't have any experience with that particular grill. I do have the louisiana whole hog. It's definitely a good deal for that price. My hunch is you would have a much harder time actually cold smoking on it than hot smoking. Those "cold smoke" attachments for pellet grills typically are hard to get down in temps. Many run similar to the main chamber.

With the damper open I bet you could get similar temps to main chamber. The heat in the the louisiana brand comes mostly up right where you have your brisket, so alot of hot air will sneak through that pipe over to the "cold box" before it ever has a chance to exit out the exhaust holes.

All of these comments are just based on my experience with the brand not that actual model, so it's possible I could be loud wrong.

I saw one yesterday, it was $699 I think...

Interesting. I don't have a pellet grill either so I will be watching for the price drop. Was this at the Mall of GA location?

Interesting. I don't have a pellet grill either so I will be watching for the price drop. Was this at the Mall of GA location?

Yes it was. The Pleasant Hill never has any smokers really other than the kamodos. Those are the only 2 I go to

Saw this model at Costco yesterday, but saw another model as well. $999. Well over 400 pounds total weight.

https://www.louisiana-grills.com/champion-competition-pro.html

Has a grill section, a "Hot Smoker" section, and a "Cold Smoker" box on top of the hot smoker. Interesting design. Lots of versatility, but it looks like cleanup would be PIA, and it would be nice if the Smoker Boxes were just a bit bigger in either Width or Depth, so that a whole Packer Brisket would fit easily.

is that side cabinet just a warmer or can you cook food in that as well?
The outside of the box on the Bigger model says you can run the "Hot Smoker" at temps from 149 to 350, and the "Cold Smoker" from 59 degrees to 179 degrees. No clue as to how accurate those temps would be though.

I did a little research and it looks like a great deal. You get the additional smoke box, and two shelves for less than the unit itself at full retail. They have them at my Costco for that same price. Has anyone bought it or used this brand?

Just bought this grill a week ago. Was a toss up between the egg or the Traeger they normally carry. Walked in and saw this and decided to try.

A couple days ago, my wife went to Costco and saw it was on sale for $699 so we got the $100 back.. was a decent deal at $799, better at $699.

The bottom shelf, I decided to install it upside down. Works better for me as it gives the shelf a lip to prevent things from rolling off.

This grill does burn through pellets at a fast rate.

The auger temp is maybe 10-15’ off from the main temp thrermometer.

I do wish the inside shelves of the main smoker was height adjustable. I cant use the upper shelf if i am doing a stand up chicken.

I do wish it came with a plate to cover the chimney if I wanted to use the main without the side.

So far in the week, I have cooked 3 racks, a chicken, mackeral, corn, amd a small brisket.. all went well and was fairly tender. Had to keep an eye out on the temp, but really had to keep track of the pellets. All that took 1 33# bag from Costco to cook.

I didn't foil the heat shield, I am just going to clean it as I go.

The side smoker doesn't get too hot, so I don't inow what to put there. I am fairly new to smoking. But the ribs, chicken, fish, and corn came out great. I needed to babysit the brisket more and keep spraying it. Came out a bit dry.

I would definitely buy it again or recomemd it.

Last edited:
The outside of the box on the Bigger model says you can run the "Hot Smoker" at temps from 149 to 350, and the "Cold Smoker" from 59 degrees to 179 degrees. No clue as to how accurate those temps would be though.

Never saw the temp of that side smoker go past 190/200 even when i burn off at 550’ in the main.

The whole day yesterday, I had the smoker from 9am to 10pm running at 225 - 250’ all day and the cold smoker stayed at around 90-100’. I could adjust it with the center ventand and finally kept it closed and it stayed consistant.

Last edited:
Please forgive this newbi's ignorance, but I'm looking to get the Louisiana Grills 900 Pellet Grill with Smoke Box, can I "grill" a steak on this unit? Also has anyone smoked any cheese in the cold smoker box? How did it turn out?

Sorry to bump an old thread, but this unit is currently in my Costco for $599. Merry Christmas to me!

Back