I Love Eggs, how do you peel them.

You can get them cheaper.

Think these were around $10.

nLf1A1m.jpg

Review. On edit, I found someone that knew how to use them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgymTRW8uMY

Last edited:
use older eggs. start them at room temp, add to boiling water. 8 minutes generally gets them pretty well hard cooked (I prefer mine around 6 1/2 mins)...you'll need to dial the time in based on your preference.
straight into cold water. Let sit for ~10 mins, changing the water when it warms up. should peel pretty easily.

Older eggs, add to boiling water. Your timing will depend on how you like your eggs. put in ice water to stop hard boiled eggs from overcooking and turning grey.

I use a large pot with a steamer basket, 13 minutes of steam plunge eggs into large bowl with ice and water let cool down. Eggs peel very easy

I used this method for the first time last week and it worked great. This is the way I will be doing it for now on.

We have free ranging chickens and peeling the eggs is a nightmare. I did a google search and found the method described above and it was such a relief that they peeled so easily.

We have backyard chickens so we get a lot of eggs. Several things that have been said on here work well. In order of effectiveness in my opinion:

1. Older eggs. The white dries up a bit and you have a bigger air space inside the shell. This is the best way. Sometimes there will be enough air in the shell for the egg to kind of float. some people will tell you the eggs are bad if they float. It definitely has a big air space if it floats.
2. Instant Pot. This makes them easier to peel for some reason.
3. Baking soda. This works marginally well.

I have not tried the egglettes but we are planning on it. I have seen good reviews.

Mike

why do I keep reading this I don't like eggs :doh:

I use a large pot with a steamer basket, 13 minutes of steam plunge eggs into large bowl with ice and water let cool down. Eggs peel very easy

Yup.... My go-to method for sure. Seems like I saw an Alton Brown video showing the technique (sorry - no linky) and he states (contrary to some posts) that fresh eggs work best when steaming. I tend to agree based on a dozen or so tries. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

For me, I put them in some cold water and add a bit of vinegar. I peel as soon as they are cool enough to touch. The longer they sit, the harder they are to peel in my experience.

I am happy to report this method worked like a charm...with farm fresh eggs that in the past were impossible.

Back