View Single Post
Old 04-25-2018, 09:52 PM   #9
Gore
Phizzy

Location: Hiding out from blood suck ghost snake gods, Nazis and scrap iron chefs trying to harvest body parts
Name/Nickname : Gore (surprise!)

I'm just going to slip this in as you're talking about Houston and just happen to be here today and managed to make a last minute trip to Killen's. It's been on my list for a long time. While it was definitely good. It was a slight bit of a letdown, as the brisket was a bit dry and tough (undercooked). I liked very much the seasoning. It was very heavy on the pepper, which I like, very coarse ground. However, it mainly was a texture and not overpowering. For reference I found the pepper at Louis Mueller's much more potent. The pork ribs were good. I liked the glaze. It was sweet, but different enough to be interesting. The gem was the pork belly. This had a simple seasoning, again, the coarse pepper was dominant, but it was the best pork belly I've had. I wouldn't mind going back again and seeing if I just caught the brisket on an off day.

(='.'=) This is the rabbit baby. Invests him in yours signature,
(")_(") and the help rabbit baby takes over control of the world!
Hmmmm, I wonder, WWGALD? Avatar courtesy of Grillman and NorthwestBBQ

Promoted by Bigabyte to "Idiot #1" , and dubbed "Phizzy" by Sir Ron.
Gore is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->