• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Pit Barrel Cooker

Pit T,

I look forward to that video of how to mod my uds into said hangy barrel cooker thing. Will wait patiently........

The concept of hanging meat on a PDC came from this...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZYrutVyZ-A"]Daddy would you like some sausages? - YouTube[/ame]

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
^^^well I wasn't expecting to see that today. :laugh:

John's first response in that thread is a hoot. LOL Textbook! Gotta love 'em.

I HATE sharing like that, but the fact that someone I follow, learn from and respect would question my integrity did not sit well with me.

I didn't question your integrity, and I'm sorry if you took it that way. I just made a simple statement that I couldn't ethically provide the information. That statement was about me, not about you.

John

THe one thing I don't understand is how this (and assumably UDS's) do indirect over coals without a water pan or diffuser. with the wsm, there is a waterpan that blocks the direct heat, and on my weber otg, i have the food off to the side out of the way of the direct heat. Can someone explain this (i've never cooked indirect on anything but my weber grill and a friends kamado using a plate setter as the diffuser- its just something i've wondered about)

For the discounted price, it seems like I need yet another toy! Although I generally prefer to build what I can, I'd be hard pressed to make it for less even factoring in the labor for free (offset by satisfaction of making myself)
Is it painted or powder coated? What's the shipping? Free I'm hoping....

For the discounted price, it seems like I need yet another toy! Although I generally prefer to build what I can, I'd be hard pressed to make it for less even factoring in the labor for free (offset by satisfaction of making myself)
Is it painted or powder coated? What's the shipping? Free I'm hoping....

Shipping (via FedEx) is always free, even without the promo code.

Each barrel (brand new -- never recycled) is sandblasted and high-temp powder coated.

John

Hi,

2 questions:

What's the distance between the rack and the rebar? Can you cook on both simultaneously?

What sort of a smoke ring do you get from the PBC? Although they shouldn't be, it would be disingenuous to say that judges aren't influenced by the smoke ring.

Thanks!

Eric

Hi,

2 questions:

What's the distance between the rack and the rebar? Can you cook on both simultaneously?

What sort of a smoke ring do you get from the PBC? Although they shouldn't be, it would be disingenuous to say that judges aren't influenced by the smoke ring.

Thanks!

Eric

1) I'd guess about twelve inches. Yes, you can cook on the hooks and rack simultaneously.

2) I get a great smoke ring. It's at least as good as what I get from my UDS's.

John

Another quick question:

For new initiates into the PBC cult, has anyone come up with time guidelines for cooks at closer to sea level?

Thanks!

Eric

Back