Injecting thighs?

dano

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Was thinking about using some homemade and commercial injections in my thighs but am not sure how much to do. Do you guys use a specific amount of injection or do you inject as much as the thigh can hold? Thinking about using Fab C Dark...and thoughts....injection time?

I use FAB CD and really like the results. it seems to add a layer of moisture and flavor that I was miss before.

I inject with a homemade injection, and I think it adds a layer of flavor. I inject about an hour before I put the chicken on to start cooking.

Against the rules to inject before inspection.
Thanks. I was just wondering if people were injecting after inspection and letting it rest or if it was done right before the food went on.

Thanks. I was just wondering if people were injecting after inspection and letting it rest or if it was done right before the food went on.

Probably all depends on the injection. If it's like a brine, you wouldn't want to leave it in there all night.

I've had mixed luck using a fork to lightly Jacard the thighs before putting them in my marinade. It seems to help get the marinade further down into the meat. Have no proof of it and I could be fooling myself, but it seems to work ok.

Russ

I've had mixed luck using a fork to lightly Jacard the thighs before putting them in my marinade. It seems to help get the marinade further down into the meat. Have no proof of it and I could be fooling myself, but it seems to work ok.

Russ

WOW--He lives!! 8)

I have a long unused Jaccard around here somewhere.
IF I can find it, I will bring it to you the next time I see ya.

TIM

Back