photo5_zpsda8d519a.jpg

photo1_zpsfa5d7edc.jpg

photo2_zps6f3a2cbb.jpg

photo3_zpsf19b03c2.jpg

image_zps97eaf7e9.jpg

image_zpseb20912c.jpg

image_zps3021962b.jpg

image_zps1a84ca51.jpg

I SO need this cooker. How many butts (8-10 pounders) can you fit in it comfortably?

On Tuesday night my 2 sons, my 2 buddies and I got in my Expedition and began our 2796 mile round trip to meet Paul Shirley and see what he and his crew made for me. We arrived in Tuscaloosa at about 11 pm after almost24 hours of driving. We woke up and headed to Paul's at about 9. My cooker (30X90 Custom deluxe with cabinet doors and a stainless shelf) was out front awaiting our arrival. Paul, Tyler and Cody were out there too. First thing Paul does is walk up to the truck and ask How was the trip"? and shakes my hand thru the window. He instructs me to pull around and hook up. I got out and was greeted by another handshake and a hug. Good people. We talked for a few minutes and I handed him an envelope with my final payment. He just stuffed it into his pocket unceremoniously and we went on talking. He gave us a tour of "where the magic happens" and gave me big bag of rub to try out. We talked a little more then walked back to the truck to begin our trip home. Another handshake and hug and we were on our way (an hour and a half after arriving). It felt like a few minutes. On our trip home Paul called everyday to check in. Made it home after 2 1/2 days of hitting BBQ Joints (that's a different post). Fired up the cooker for a 4 hour seasoning and then just let her run adding 6 Pork butts, 2 briskets, 8 rack of ribs, 20# of chicken wings and 80 (yes 80) bacon wrapped stuffed Jalapenos. Took a few pictures but got busy and tired dealing with 35 degree weather including a 24 hour rainstorm that threw me a curveball. The smoker was awesome! Held temp like a champ with about a 5 - 10 degree variance from side to side. Fed about 60 people and sent everyone home with some food. Everyone raved.

Thanks Paul Shirley! A true American businessman! Business on a handshake and belief that you say what you mean and do what you say. I am honored to finally call myself part of the Shirley Fabrication Family!

Many more fun times and photos to come!

Attachments

• 20150425_211935[1].jpg
    20150425_211935[1].jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 1,727
  • 20150425_134336[1].jpg
    20150425_134336[1].jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 1,736
  • IMG958608.jpg
    IMG958608.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 1,734
  • IMG957453.jpg
    IMG957453.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 1,737
  • IMG952271.jpg
    IMG952271.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 1,742
Ok y'all are killing me with this thread haha. Great stories from all and some day I hope to be posting pictures of mine up here.

No kidding M Team. I am not even getting a Shirley, but loved reading and looking through this thread. My LSG is ordered and in queue, but if Shirley was in Texas, I am pretty sure I am not sure who I would have decided to go with. Both are great quality pit builders...

Shagdog,

Great idea for a thread, this should help tide me over til October, plus give me ideas for stuff to add to my build before Paul gets started. Your first pic is currently serving as my Windows wallpaper at work.

awscwi,

I see you've got the hip roof on the warmer, how much extra height does that give you?

I think about six inches, id have to measure to be sure, i liked the way it looks more than i need the space...

I got mine almost 2 years ago, best investment I ever made(not counting my beer fridge haha) this is the first shirley ever with the front wheels in this style, i told Paul needed better way to move it then the casters he was using! Then Paul developed the 4 wheel drive shirley for me that all of us love on the patio models!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 1,593
Sorry dont think you'll fit. Your rather.........er......... long

You can get cremated in the firebox, and have some food in the chamber that the guest can eat. That will be the way to go.

Back