• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Oysters and Grilling by the Bay

Looks and sounds great Bob!! Nice way to spend the day!

C'mon out, there is a good time to be had. Bill, you know if you show up, we have all kinds of things planned for you. Some I am sure you would enjoy.

Yes Guerry, we do get fresh sardines, and we can grill them too. My dad used to go catch them, right off the pier. But, there were the small ones, maybe 7 to 8 inches, about all you could do was grill them up over lump charcoal. On the beach or next to the boats, horrible.

Awesome meal That could be my perfect day I can eat a lot of what you had there. Cant stop drooling :hungry::hungry::hungry:

It should be a federal crime to have a nice day and cookout like that without including me.

PS

Nothing is better than cooking a class spread like that on one of those public grills! Talk about the basics - Good job.

C'mon out, there is a good time to be had. Bill, you know if you show up, we have all kinds of things planned for you. Some I am sure you would enjoy.

Yes Guerry, we do get fresh sardines, and we can grill them too. My dad used to go catch them, right off the pier. But, there were the small ones, maybe 7 to 8 inches, about all you could do was grill them up over lump charcoal. On the beach or next to the boats, horrible.

Yep. I remember my dad talking about fresh caught sardines, and all the other wonderful critters that came from the bay, but he was a sardine fanatic. Never had fresh myself.

Guerreey, I don't personally love them, or even like them. But, at one time, the bay was lousy with sardines, herring, anchovies and smelt. If you thing was eating tiny fish, we had them by the millions. Then we polluted the bay beyond belief and harvested them into oblivion. BUT, they are coming back.

And a real treat to me, the Monterey squid are coming back, and they are delicious. Sadly, we are going to lose the local oyster business unless our Senators and Representatives can get the environmental lease laws figured out.

If you thing was eating tiny fish...

I've been to my share of bream fish fries...:mrgreen:

And a real treat to me, the Monterey squid are coming back, and they are delicious. Sadly, we are going to lose the local oyster business unless our Senators and Representatives can get the environmental lease laws figured out.

Man. I love squid. And octopus. That sucks about the oysters though, even if I don't particularly care for them.

Sorry to tell ya the local squid has come and gone for now man. We produced about 500-700 tons of it in Monterey, in a 2 week period. At least Ventura landings is on full throttle now.

I agree, the environmentalists are quite the headache. They never go away, relentless battles.

Sorry to tell ya the local squid has come and gone for now man. We produced about 500-700 tons of it in Monterey, in a 2 week period. At least Ventura landings is on full throttle now.
Yeah, but, at least there were some to process. Some decade or two back, there were not enough to make it worth processing.

Back