View Single Post
Old 03-09-2008, 06:15 AM   #1
Spydermike72
Babbling Farker

Default Personal Chef vs Catering

Hey All,

I have a quick question, and if I am in the wrong forum mods, please feel free to move it and then have me pay the price .

I have been gathering all of my information and getting everything all lined up to start my catering biz. After speaking to the Health Dpeartment and looking at the rules and regs I started to think that there has to be an easier way. Then I remember someone on a forum somewhere mentioning something about a personal chef. Now I know all of the rules and regs are in place for a reason, and I do not plan on using bad or unsafe practices. In fact I think all of the rules and regs of the Health Department are a good starting point.

I am building my business model as an "on-site BBQ Caterer", how much of a difference is there between a caterer and a personal chef as far as the Health Department would be concerned ? I still plan on forming my LLC, and buying Liability Insurance and all of the other items that a caterer would need.

I am still researching the info as it pertains to the State of Michigan and my county, but I wante to get some insight from The Brethren.

Thanks in advance!!
Backwoods Competitor
Backwoods Party
Weber Performer
Certified Moink Baller
Past President of the Great Lakes BBQ Association

For those who fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know
Spydermike72 is offline   Reply With Quote