CL score!!! orangebrown Weber Kettle

wife is going to be tick'd off :)

Man, that is one vintage Webburrrr! Just goes to show you, these things will last a lifetime if halfway maintained and brought in out of the rain sometimes.

Not a bad deal for $20!! Nice Find!! Charleston, SC craigslist has a nice double cooker on a trailer....wish I had a place for it!

OMG>>>>>
I just picked it up!

just wait til I post photos on this sucker later!!!!

I honestly think its only been used once.

I opened up the cover and it was spotless inside. No dents, chips, scratchs, etc. Seriously not an ounce of black anywhere.

It also included a cover.

I asked the guy who sold it to me why he was selling it because it confused me as to why somebody would have it for for that many years and still be willing to sell it for 20 bucks.
He said it was his grandma's and she can't get out to it any more. Said she cleans everything all the time. A neat freak.

He also told me they had it in a garage sale 2 weeks ago and no offers on it everybody looked it over but said they use propane.

OMG I still am amazed.

That's an oldy!
Sweet score. Now you just need to take care of it like she did and you'll have it for a lifetime.

And the wife will get over it.

1st Mod I'm going to make is stuff wooden dowels in the legs.

Great score. Some of the Weber's out there are real old and like new. Take care of it and it will take care of you by providing some good food.

Great find, definitely a keeper. An old wise man once told me its easier to apologize than ask for approval up front from your wife...Thankfully I am at work while typing this
icon10.gif

What a score...Ive been keeping my eye out for that model....some day...its a beauty.

Geez... Craigslist never has anything like that around here...

That's a sweet kettle.

Take a picture of the vent cover on the lid.

Back