• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

is oscar mayer pulled pork any good?

Sounds like someone is getting paid for sure.

Not that the quality of Oscar Mayer pulled pork and the quality of The Shed's BBQ have anything to do with each other, but I have eaten at The Shed a couple times, and there is really nothing special about it at all, unless you are a fan of overcooked falling apart everything drowning in sauce that is so sweet that you could pour it on pancakes.

I suspect that Mr. Orrison knows this to be true, and is simply giving the masses what they think they like. Overcooked sweet BBQ.

If I had my own Q Joint, I would be inclined to do the same.

^^^ Maybe OM is what he is serving

Not that the quality of Oscar Mayer pulled pork and the quality of The Shed's BBQ have anything to do with each other, but I have eaten at The Shed a couple times, and there is really nothing special about it at all, unless you are a fan of overcooked falling apart everything drowning in sauce that is so sweet that you could pour it on pancakes.

I suspect that Mr. Orrison knows this to be true, and is simply giving the masses what they think they like. Overcooked sweet BBQ.

If I had my own Q Joint, I would be inclined to do the same.

i don't disagree with this post. my guess is, brad cooks different bbq for comps and personally, but the stuff he sells is as you describe.

sorry Brad, but IMO, any self respecting BBQ person would not be endorsing prepackaged anything.. whats next, dinty more corned beef hash or those precooked ribs next to the canned hams? theres gotta be $$ coming from that endorsement.

Agree 100%. Sellout.

"You don't win friends with salad!" - Homer Simpson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you read that quote in the first post from him it REALLY sounds like he has his hand in the development of the product. He says he has been "working closely" with them on it and goes on and on about how great it is. Sounds like he is a stakeholder and is expanding his market into prepackaged, mass produced products.

The Shedd that was in Hattiesburg for a while was DECENT, not the best I had ever had by no means, but at least it had a more flavor and seemed like a better deal for your money than the Dickey's BBQ restaurants we have around here. I eat at Dickeys, and did the other night btw, because kids eat free on Sundays and they have a good baked and stuffed tater with brisket in it. Meat is tender and has flavor but not much smoke flavor at all.

Anyway, I haven't been as impressed with the Shedd as I thought I would have been from the way it had been pumped up. I do wish the one here had not closed though. It was nice to have nearby if you were in town and wanted something decent to eat at an affordable price.

I don't think this particular product is the one that will get me to start eating stuff from Oscar Mayer.

If you read that quote in the first post from him it REALLY sounds like he has his hand in the development of the product. He says he has been "working closely" with them on it and goes on and on about how great it is. Sounds like he is a stakeholder and is expanding his market into prepackaged, mass produced products...

Actually, we've had this product in Memphis for years. We call it "Corky's" though...:roll:

i don't disagree with this post. my guess is, brad cooks different bbq for comps and personally, but the stuff he sells is as you describe.

I'll have to agree also, I've been to the original in Ocean Springs a few times, it's more about the atmosphere than the food these days, it is a pretty cool place to hang out, have a few beers and listen to some live music. You also get some pretty good "resturant" BBQ as well. I do find it is better than the other few BBQ joints in this area...of course, we are not really famous for BBQ down in this part of the world.

It's a big name endorsement for sure.

Man. If it looks like this for the PROMOTIONAL photos...

0004470006361_500X500.jpg

Last edited:
Back