Employee BBQ

lionhrt

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I just got transfered to my new bakery about 2 months ago and every year the company I work for does an employee BBQ the guy that has done the BBQ for the last 10 years could only get off his shift for a few hours so they asked me to run the BBQ until Mike could get there and then after he left. The company just does burgers and dogs so I brought down my ProQ20 and threw on some MOINKS and ABTs and did some Apple Baked Beans and also for something sweet I dipped pineapple rings in cinnamon & sugar and grilled them. Once Mike got there I let him take over and I went inside to do paperwork to make sure I didn`t step on his toes since he has been doing the BBQ so long and then came back when his shift was over. Later the HR person brought out some bacon that was left over from the employee breakfast and said she didn`t know how if we could cook it out on the grill or not so I threw it on the ProQ and cranked the heat up to 300 and everyone was thrilled that we had bacon burgers. I cooked for 6 of the 8 hours of the BBQ and we fed just over 200 people. It was a blast getting to know all the employees and show off some of the stuff I learned here almost all of them said it was the best BBQ that they have had. I was beat after all that cooking and wish I had time to have gotten pictures but it was fun as hell.

It's always nice to be able to show off some skills learned!! Glad it turned out and be carefull.....you may be the guy they get to do all the cooking next time!

Doug

Bravo Dave!:clap2:
Good sharing your Que knowledge with the BBQ civilians.
I did the same thing for my compant twice this month at two locations. Took the show on the road.
My only word of advice, If it does become a regular thing, hint that you would like a little something extra for your efforts and talent. For my first one, they let me expense a 22" WSM and for the 2nd, the cash equivilant.

Oh they made it worth my while it was all time and a half for me to stand there and cook, almost enough for a WSM but the wife says if I get anymore cookers I am sleeping out on the deck with them

Nice! I wish we had some BBQs around here! I usually just bring in what I cooked over the weekend. I'd love to fix some stuff at the office!

Congrats! I love showin off what I learn here. I made ribs for our church sports night pot luck and I was asked to do their banquet!

Great job! How did Mike like your Q?

I don`t think he tried anything I made and he never said anything. I sort of got the feeling he was a little put off that he didn`t get to do the whole thing since this would have been his 10th year to have done it himself. Thats part of the reason when he came over to work it I left him to do it after eating and went and did some paperwork, like I said I didn`t want to step on his toes. He did bring one hella great Kaluha Cheesecake and he even made the Kaluha that he made the cheesecake with.

Back