Charcoal Sale Addicts Anonymous...

I was at Costco today and the have twin 18 pounders of Competition Briquettes for $13.

I have a large stockpile but still had to get some. Had to.

30 in the garage.... 14 more bags arrived today, thanks for letting me vent. my name is scott and i have a charcoal problem

Picked up 12 more 2 packs at HD just now. It goes with the 9 packs we have left from labor day. Can never have enough.

This was my first year buying charcoal at such a great price. Looking around at some of these pictures, I fear and know this will be my fate next year and I'm darn looking forward to it!

I'm a charcoal sale addict for sure, but even worse is that I circle the block every time I see a newly-cut tree placed on the curb on garbage day... what kind of wood is that? Is that oak??? (must stop and throw in trunk)

I'm a charcoal sale addict for sure, but even worse is that I circle the block every time I see a newly-cut tree placed on the curb on garbage day... what kind of wood is that? Is that oak??? (must stop and throw in trunk)

Have the same problem. But it's mostly been for firewood. I need to be more picky. Got too much firewood. I did get some pepper wood a couple months ago. I think I can smoke with that. Gonna give it a try. Anyone here ever try it?

Back on topic. Burning some kingsford blue right now that I got on sale. I'm glad I was able to take advantage of the sales.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk in stealth mode.

I have everyone beat.

I drove by Home Depot on July 4th to buy some charcoal they had on sale. It was closed. I was too late. The next day I drove by after work and I picked up 10 bags.

charcoal.jpg

I didn't own a charcoal grill. I've never even cooked on a charcoal grill. I sent that picture to my friends and they told me to use the shopping cart. :)

BTW, I now own a 2009 Performer Touch 'N Go that was a Craigslist find. <stealth gloat> I'll be posting about it this week.

I've fallen off the wagon again!

Even though I have @ 600 lbs of assorted charcoal, I couldn't help myself!
I had to pick up another 400 lbs from HD today.

They had 40 lbs two packs for $9.97

Maybe they will fit under the guest bed....

1st step - I admit I am powerless over the lure of two bag packs for $9.99

IMAG0021.jpg

Thirteenth step - Cook a brisket!

IMG_2338.JPG

I am hopeless.

Fifteen double 20lb bags....

That's what I've purchased so far BUT.....is it enough??? Should I get more??? What if I run out??? It won't go bad right?? Damn....guess I'm going back to Lowe's....

I am a charcoal sale addict. :p I just ran out between the rain bands of tropical storm Isaac to get another 240# of kingsford from Lowes. Fortunately, they have a covered loading area. :-D

I have to be the worst. I just gifted some charcoal to a friend for a big cook. I'm down to 240 lbs; if Walmart has the same sale they had Memorial Day, it's 360 lbs for $66. Can't wait.

That's what I've purchased so far BUT.....is it enough??? Should I get more??? What if I run out??? It won't go bad right?? Damn....guess I'm going back to Lowe's....

No, it doesnt go bad. I would buy at least a few hundred pounds worth to get yourself through to the next sale (which is in late spring of 2013). Just make sure you keep it stored inside where its dry.

Hi, I need to check in with the group.

I've got about 400lb+ of charcoal, I have no more space to store any more in the garage...and I can't stop thinking about buying more kbb at the Memorial Day sales. I picked up cowboy lump at lowes this morning and it's sitting on the work bench. It makes no sense, but the desire and planning isn't going away. It's going to be a rough few weeks. This seems like it's bigger than me.

Central Market Fort Worth has B&B oak lump from Texas at $10 for 20 pounds.

Guess its that time of year to bring back this guy...
I too am guilty. Planning on 500lb this year.

Hi, my name is Tro..er...um...Bob...yeah, Bob and I am a charcoal sale addict. I now have 100 lbs in my garage and I don't even have my charcoal cooker yet.:shock: Is there help for someone like me?:confused:

Not a charcoal addict but am trying to clean out the freezer for when briskets go on sale Memorial Day & July 4th. I get nervous if there's not at least one brisket in the freezer.

This thread makes me feel much better about myself.... :twisted:

photo.jpg

Back