• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Pastrami Pron (Lots of pron)

Jack--I think it is NIKE that says...."Just Do It"!!!

I keep making the same mistake that we all make with fatties.
I never cook enough!
Just this week, I cooked just one commercial corned beef flat into pastrami.
It will not last a week!
I could have cooked a half dozen in the same time for the same fuel! :lol:

TIM
Tim...
I couldn't agree more... But this was the first time that I tried this so figured I would start small...

3rd...
That is strange that we both picked up the same thing at Sam's... I've got 2 more left in the fridge that I'm thinking of doing an over night cook for the office... I figure that I'll wait a while on buying more until the price comes down in this area... it was 2.69/pound last week....

Oh man...

You guys are killing me. That looks incredible. Like everyone else, I'm going to have to try the pastrami thing myself.

Did they come out tender? I have to have them almost melt in your mouth tender to be able to eat it. I've had some dental work done and have to be careful.

Nice stuff Jeff! I've been cooking points and can't keep the stuff around! 2 on the WSM last weekend and 2 more on the drum this weekend! St. Paddy's Day is just around the corner people! Another reason to drink and stock up on Corned Beef!!

You guys are killing me. That looks incredible. Like everyone else, I'm going to have to try the pastrami thing myself.

Did they come out tender? I have to have them almost melt in your mouth tender to be able to eat it. I've had some dental work done and have to be careful.
It did come out 'melt in your mouth tender'... Cooked at 225-250* over cherry & hickory on the BGE for about 9 hours to an internal of 195*...

The only problem is that since it was my first time, I just wanted to do just one to see how it would turn out... I see an overnighter this week to do the other two I have in the fridge....

Back