Weed Burner 4 Charcoal (HELP!)

motoeric

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Hi,

So, I bought a weed burner to cut down on the time it takes to get my charcoal ready. Yup, I know. Minimum time to heat charcoal for cooking something low and slow. Doesn't make too much sense. Anywho...

It was the 19.99 version from Harbor Freight. I then picked up a canister of propane (the type they use with portable coleman grills) at the hardware store.

Well, it aint workin'.

The end of the hose that is supposed to connect to the propane tank doesn't fit. Not even close. It also doesn't fit on a 20lb propane tank. Am I missing some sort of adapter part? Do I need to buy an extra piece that will couple them?

The manual that came with the weed burner sorta sucks. I blame Phil.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Eric

You should be able to buy an adapter either at HD or a plumbing supply wholesaler. How does the WB connect to a tank? Male or Female threads?

try the end in a 20 lb tank again it should fit inside not outside like the new connectors.

you can get adaptors to go to the small propane bottles on ebay. I did for my hot water heater.

You can't use a small tank with a weed burner it won't sty lit there is not enough flow and it will freeze up. Get at least a 20 lb cylinder

Do you have one of the older weber "type 2" style tanks? I have a HF weedburner too, no problem connecting to a regular tank.

I have torch also, and yes, standard male propane thread, yes, counter clockwise to tighten. Now i am hoping to put a regulator between the torch and propane, as flow can empty tank fast. I cant find a regulator with 2 female connections, 1 for torch lead, i into propane tank. I can only find one with 1 female connector and one 1/4 inch type connector. Anyone know of a link/place that sells double female std connectors on regulator? I hope this info also may help you.

Oops... 1 female connector on regulator for torch and 1 male connector to put into propane tank. Sorry, i must have been daydreamin again about connecting with 2 females again....

Got it working! Thanks for the input. Kebroak lump nice and toasty for some Father's Day chicken and corn on the cob.

Eric

Back