Smoked Sirloin Tip Roast

JMSetzler

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
[ame]http://youtu.be/WDnBWfXoUPg[/ame]

Between this and last week's pastrami, I'm stocked on sandwich meat for a bit. This roast was awesome... fantastic flavor, texture,and moisture content... Quick and easy cook as well...

Loved the video and the clarity of what you did. For my personal preference I would call the end result "medium". I prefer medium rare & I guess if I were using your recipe I'd drop the finishing temperature 5F+. Great job-thank you.
John

Loved the video and the clarity of what you did. For my personal preference I would call the end result "medium". I prefer medium rare & I guess if I were using your recipe I'd drop the finishing temperature 5F+. Great job-thank you.
John

You would pull it at 120 instead of 125?

Might just be the images.
The halved beef looked medium-medium rare but the sliced meat image looked medium well?
120f is getting to extra rare territory.

It could be the light under my stove making that appearance... I pulled it at 125 internal...

Another great video thanks. What model of camera are you using?

It's a Canon Vixia HF R300 video camera. I have been playing with the white balance and I think I need to move to the custom white balance setting when I'm working at the stove top....

I did a bottom round roast this weekend. No cut up slice pics but here is the finished outside. I smoked it with oak on the BGE at 350 dome temp for about 1 hour. I stopped smoking at 110 and seared it at the end up to 120. Pulled, immediately wrapped in plastic to cool then sliced for dinner 8 hours later.

Was great!

photojan19101112am.jpg

Back