Recipe program recomendations

QDoc

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I'm looking for a recipe program which ideally has the following features. If I'm over reaching, any recomendations?
1. easy import and export ability
2. syncable with a desk top and iPhone
3. easy to transfer recipes from websites ie bbq-brethren.
Thanks

Master Cook covers some of that, but I haven't tried it with my iPhone yet.

QDoc - check out EverNote. It's basically an online notebook that will do everything you want, including the mobile app.

For easily transferring recipes from here or other sites, there is a Google Chrome extension where you just highlight and hit the Evernote button, and it will throw it in there for you.

You can even take a picture of a written recipe, and it will index the text and make it searchable for you.

I use this for much more than just recipes, but it would fit your needs for sure. :-D

1. easy import and export ability
2. syncable with a desk top and iPhone
3. easy to transfer recipes from websites ie bbq-brethren.

I second Evernote.

There is also a firefox add-in that does the same thing as the chrome extension.
As well as a Windows (I think Mac too) desktop client.
There are android, blackberry, palm and WinMob apps as well.

The vast majority of my evernote space is recipes.

I like BigOven. It has all you mentioned. You can get a free trial at their site. I've used it for 5+ years and love it.

My favorite thing is the "screen import" feature where you can copy and paste any recipe in any format from online and save it for trying later. Although my "to try soon" list is getting a little long, lol.

Back