New from Pittsburgh

loaf221

Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I've been checking out this site for a long time and figured it was time to register. I'm a wannabe Pitmaster yinzer from Pittsburgh. I'm currently in the market for a new smoker and I'm torn between the Pecos, Oklahoma Joe, and Bayou Classic. Here's hoping that some of your knowledge and experience rubs off on me over time!

- Derek

Welcome, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.

Greetings from North Texas (from a born and raised Yinzer relocated to DFW)."

Welcome to the forum from down here in Victoria.
Nice friendly bunch here that are very sharing with information.
Enjoy your time here, I sure have

Welcome, and unless something has changed it's is pretty tough to beat the value offered in the Pecos if those are the only ones you are interested in.

Oh...and... HERE WE GO!!

Welcome to the forum Derek from sunny SE Arizona.

Welcome aboard Derek, glad to have you as a fellow Brethren here.

I hope to see you in the Q-Talk forum soon. You'll find help on almost every topic from cooking your first Pork Butt to curing and smoking your own ham and bacon.

If you can't find the topic you need help with, or have questions about, just start a new thread in "Q-Talk". There are many people with years of experience that are willing to answer your questions and guide you in the right direction.

Bought an Oklahoma Joe Bandera from Lowes a couple of months ago and so far I love it. It is a bit heavier than the cheap-o offsets that I have seen, yet under $400. I have added some modifications to it (you can find most of the modifications people make to the Bandera, including mine, on this web site). So far I can highly recommend it. Good build for the price.

Welcome aboard Derek, glad to have you as a fellow Brethren here.

I hope to see you in the Q-Talk forum soon. You'll find help on almost every topic from cooking your first Pork Butt to curing and smoking your own ham and bacon.

If you can't find the topic you need help with, or have questions about, just start a new thread in "Q-Talk". There are many people with years of experience that are willing to answer your questions and guide you in the right direction.

Back