Weber BAr B Kettle

Wallaby

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I spotted what I think is a Bar B kettle today, it has no name anywhere or date stamp. Anyone have pics to help ID.

Thanks
Mike

The Bar-B-Kettles are the 22 & 26" kettles and the Bar-B-Q-Kettles are the 18". I can never get a decent pic of the lid vent, but here are a few that I have come across.

18" *Note the 2 rivets in the handles*
100_3071.jpg

Steel bowl handles
100_3072.jpg

100_2100.jpg

100_2305.jpg

22" Have two rivets to secure the wood handle (this one was rotten hence the mod) and two molded steel handles in the bowl.

100_1460.jpg

100_1457.jpg

The Bar-B-Kettles are the 22 & 26" kettles and the Bar-B-Q-Kettles are the 18".

Good stuff Brian. I am confused though:

Larry said his was 26", but it looks like the vent wheel is stamped " Bar-B-Q-Kettle".

i used to have one of those growing up. It was my grandpas and he gave it to my dad for us.. It was black and had the daisy thing on the bottom and top

Good stuff Brian. I am confused though:

Larry said his was 26", but it looks like the vent wheel is stamped " Bar-B-Q-Kettle".

I stand corrected-thanks for pointing this out, because I can't edit my post.

Thanks for the info guys. Sorry I haven't gotten back sooner, busy fixin my tractor and other projects the wife has me since I am on vacation..

Mike

You guys have got me going crazy - I am all over CL for anything old and cool. I'll have one as soon as I see one to buy...the oldies are HARD to come by.

i don't see much around the modesto area. sacramento goes through some good stuff but thats a bit far.

This is an old topic but I just gotta revive it. I asked our local scrapper yesterday if he had a lid for a 22 1/2" round grill and he told me he did. Went to the local Indy bike shop today to ask where he lived and the lid was there for me. It's an old Weber with "Patent Pending" stamped on the vent.
image11-e1318551786825.jpg

Didn't think much of it at the time but I did ask where he lived so I could see if he had the cooking grate. He did as well as the bottom so I took it for free.
image10-e1318551713880.jpg

image9-1-e1318551643898.jpg

After doing some research it seems it pre 1970 because the patent was issued in Nov. of 1970.
image8-1-e1318551415646.jpg

The idea was a lid and grate for my UDS but now...........I need to go back and see if the legs and wheels are there cuz I'm thinking restoration now.
Any of you Weber Guru's out there have any idea how old it might be?

This is an old topic but I just gotta revive it. I asked our local scrapper yesterday if he had a lid for a 22 1/2" round grill and he told me he did. Went to the local Indy bike shop today to ask where he lived and the lid was there for me. It's an old Weber with "Patent Pending" stamped on the vent.
image11-e1318551786825.jpg

Didn't think much of it at the time but I did ask where he lived so I could see if he had the cooking grate. He did as well as the bottom so I took it for free.
image10-e1318551713880.jpg

image9-1-e1318551643898.jpg

After doing some research it seems it pre 1970 because the patent was issued in Nov. of 1970.
image8-1-e1318551415646.jpg

The idea was a lid and grate for my UDS but now...........I need to go back and see if the legs and wheels are there cuz I'm thinking restoration now.
Any of you Weber Guru's out there have any idea how old it might be?

Don't know exactly how old it is, but it's called Copper Mist aka The Warrior. :thumb:

Sahwheat. That thing is awesome. That would be to cool if the rest of it was there too. Good Luck an keep us posted.

No luck on the legs and wheels. This one doesn't have the thumbscrew holes to secure the legs into the bottom??

No luck on the legs and wheels. This one doesn't have the thumbscrew holes to secure the legs into the bottom??
That would make it an early to mid '70s then. Maybe as old as late 60s. The leg socket has a dimple in it that creates a pressure point on the leg to hold the leg in. A modern leg and wheel kit from Weber will fit.

Thanks Harbormaster. You pegged the dimple in the leg socket. I saw the Weber kit with ash catcher, legs and wheels on their site for under $25.

Back