Two Lang 84's stolen from church in Durham, NC

When stuff like this happens in Miami, the first place we look for is Flea Markets. More times than not it's the Flea Market in the not-so-nice part of town where it pops up.

Best of luck and God bless.

That's my fear from buying one second hand in south Florida :(

Sorry to hear about that and I hope he had insurance at least

Meth heads, they'll sell it for scrap metal. :mad:

My friend had every inch of copper wire ripped out of his empty house by them. :sad:

Very disheartening. Will keep my eyes peeled on CL and will share on FB too.

Best of luck on a successful recovery.

I'll keep my eyes and ears open on this end of I-40 :mod:

My apologies, I forgot to add the "Vengeance is mine, sayeth the Lord" line

Last edited by a moderator:
Eyes have been open here in Cary. Unbelievable that they could get away with two of them.

I'm from the Deep South .....excuse me.....If caught redhanded.......well I better not say on here......just totally disgusting....

Not too far from the Roanoke area. I'll keep my eyes open. I assume the NC and VA state police have been given the plate and VIN numbers?

You have to wonder who steals from a church parking lot. Does their concience have a line they are not willing to cross?

Additional description

The Lang 84 is registered in NC Lic # UPN$MOKE VIN NCX1142605.
There is reflector tape on each side and the firebox container is made of stainless steel.

I use the smoker for KCBS competitions and for Operation BBQ For Our Troops events.

Eyes open here. I'll check out Craiglist Nationwide as I find time here at work.
Also, don't forget Ebay.

I hope there's a special place in Hell for those that steal from The Lord.

I searched Ebay for "Lang bbq", and "Lang smoker" and didn't find anything.

I also checked St. Louis Craigslist and it's all clear.
I thought there was a way to search Craistlist nationawide, but I guess I was wrong.

Keeping an eye out here in Georgia for 'ya. If I had to guess, they're probably not far at all. I'm thinking it was someone in a truck; 1 truck, therefore made 2 trips... That would keep them fairly close, at least for the short term.

hey there is a cook off in durham this weekend. bull city classic. might want to ask around and see if they show up.

Damn shame.

On a more positive note, never realized we had so many Durham members on here, pretty cool!

Back