Runner needed for the Royal

Smoke'n Ice

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
We need some help with our turnin boxes at the Royal. We will supply parking pass for the liberty lot as well as wrist bands (probably as many as you need) for both the invite and open. All we need is someone to walk blocker for the turnins. :pray: We are in the "B" lot in site 784.

Mack & Sharon

ps - as much bbq as you want to eat!

Last edited:
I'd volunteer, but the knee is still slowing me down.:sick: Good luck Mack!

Mack,

Last year we did not need a blocker, Sharon will be fine...

Congrats on the great year you all have had, I'll see you guys on the trail...

Jeff

I might be able to help you out, but I won't know for sure until after this weekend. I could only be blocker for the Invite as the wife and I are judging the Open.

this may sound like a stupid question, this will be our first time at the royal and this thread scared the hell outta me, im having my daughter do our turn in running for us? why in gods name would we need a "blocker", are there people knocking boxes outta peoples hands?....do i need to send some muscle along with her?

this may sound like a stupid question, this will be our first time at the royal and this thread scared the hell outta me, im having my daughter do our turn in running for us? why in gods name would we need a "blocker", are there people knocking boxes outta peoples hands?....do i need to send some muscle along with her?

If you are going to be where Mack is, your daughter will have no problems. On the Sunday of the Invitational, help may be needed if you are on the "Dark Side".

Thanks for the replys, got my daughter and her husband to run and block for me both days. My understanding is the crowds can get interesting, especially on Sunday, and it helps to have someone walk in front to clear a path. Also the lines at turnin can be time consuming and a round trip could take a while. As an OLD 2 person team with half hour turnins, have to plan for the delay.:wink:

PS. Have extra wrist bands if anyone needs them.

We have 1 person wait at the front of the building where turnins are done. Then my wife takes the box to the building, gives it to our other person at the front of the building and they walk it in to turn ins so my wife can come back and get ready to do another box. We have done that the last 2 years and had no problems.

It's not that bad. Sometimes the crowds can be thick, and folks don't always watch where they are going. If you have that extra body, it's nice to put them out front as a buffer to protect the box from being bumped into, say "excuse us" etc...

Back