• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

KCBS contest schedule

P

Paola Greg

The new 2009 contest schedule on the Pickled Pigs site is a great addition. I like the ability to sort the contests by date, city, and state.

Also, the team history section is way cool, as are the current power rankings.
On the power rankings, I like the points system used.

Nice job Paul, keep up the good work!

I go there when I am working on my schedule for this year. I really like the option of seeing exactly where the contests are going for a specific week.

Paul does a outstanding job. I love playing with the data that he provides us with. Highly recommended!!!

Good job Paul.

Scottie

Why can't the KCBS just give Paul a lifetime contract for there site. He does an outstanding job with his site and he could surely improve there site. Thanks for the information you provide.

The only way I could love Paul's application even more would be if more pushpins showed up in the western states. For me, it is the definitive tracker as the season progresses -- I die some as weeks go by when we don't have a comp, I exult when we do well and creep up a couple of places.

Why can't the KCBS just give Paul a lifetime contract for there site. He does an outstanding job with his site and he could surely improve there site. Thanks for the information you provide.

You need to write the BOD and let them know that this is what you want to see. From what I've read on other forums, I don't think some of them get it. Well, I know some don't.

I don't think some of them get it. Well, I know some don't.
agree, and feel that it is a shame....also love using his site, just grateful for the work he puts in it....

Maybe he could write a code so when you click on their site it takes you to TPP. We will see how the new program works but gussing it won't be as easy...

:icon_blush: Aw schucks... Thanks for the kind words.

The tracking, ranking, and mapping applications now include all teams competing in KCBS contests, not just the Top 10. I'm also looking at adding some quality metrics that might highlight those teams that don't cook in many contests but do well in the contests they do cook.

With all of the new data points I'm collecting this year, there are a lot of cool features and functions possible. If there is anything you would like to see make sure and let me know. Post any suggestions here or in the sticky thread, or shoot me a PM or email. I'll get new apps added as time permits.

Now if only my BBQ skills were as good as my programming skills...

Paola you are correct my friend pickled pig has done an awsome job they must have an army of technicians maintaining and keeping up they are always on top of it GREAT JOB guys.!!

Back