• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

My New Stick Burner is Starting to Take Shape

Be back soon with some pics and details of the build and such. We got it here safely.

Looking real nice, Chris!!!!! What is the solid plate for in the vertical?

Water/drip pan or deflector depending on how I use it. Can be placed in any of the rack slots to block a piece of meat or at the bottom to catch drippings. Of course can be removed as well.

Or are you looking at something else?

How much flow area do you have around it?

Just enough (about 1/4" all around). I actually have it in place for my test burn (in the top slot), and I am still drafting OK. Currently running 262 at the top and 295 at the bottom of the vertical. You don't want to know what I am running in the main. OK, I'll just say I wasn't expecting it to heat up this far on just friggin' charcoal in the charcoal box. I am at 457 on the left and 543 on the right. I have all of my tuning plates in place (one large on to the right, then two mediums in the middle and 3 small ones to the left), but the are spaced evenly between.

About 3/4 of a bag of KBB running WFO. Didn't even pre-light it. I just lit a Weber starter cube in the pile. This thing holds heat like a mother. Not even a hint of a leak. I think the insulating plate in the firebox is helping with the temps too. It might have even ran hotter if I closed the two bottom dampers on the firebox since they are actually back drafting a little.

Beautiful pit. Dang that thing is huge. <--- just in case anyone is thinking of anyth g was talking about the smoker.

Holy chit, that is an Awsome heavy metal cooker and i mean Awsome with a cap "A"! You and AJ should be very proud of the design and the execution. If you get a chance I would be interested in what kind of paint he used?

Edit: PS: it looks like that poor little Weber is a little bent out of shape:heh:

Water/drip pan or deflector depending on how I use it. Can be placed in any of the rack slots to block a piece of meat or at the bottom to catch drippings. Of course can be removed as well.

Or are you looking at something else?

It looks like a nice charcoal tray too if you want...

I lost count of the "Wow's" while I was looking at the pictures...
Beauty and the Beast...

Nice Job!

Back