View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 08:31 AM   #10
tortaboy
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by This is not your pork! View Post
Ok, I'll try the dry curing as suggested by the directions, preparations will start soon. I am still not sure where to put the meat in for curing, because the directions talk about a bucket or "Surrschaff" with the intention of curing a lot of meat at once, so the meat has to be arranged tightly into such a bucket or "Surrschaff".

With just 7.19 lbs I am first going to separate flat and point, and due to the lack of a Ziplock I either will have to choose cooking pot or my enamel coated casserole with lid.

The instructions for that curing mixture do not mention any turn-over, so just rub with mixture and put in container for 1-2 weeks. It will be intersting how this is going to turn out. We have a wine fridge with a temp of about 53°F that should be suited for storing the curing meat, I really don't want to block our normal fridge for 2 weeks.

I have a few of those hard plastic gray tubs/lids that restaurants use to clear plates from tables. About 24" x 12" x 4" deep or so. These work great and easily fit on the top shelf of my fridge. You can buy them online, or in any restaurant supply store.
tortaboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->