• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Whole Hog for 56 campers

Mister Bob

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I'm doing a whole hog for 56 campers next week. The sides they selected are corn on the cob, cornbread, potato salad. (They're making their own beans) They also ordered an extra meat, pulled chicken.

I'm planning:
90lb hog
20lbs pulled chicken
60 ears of corn (I'll cut them in half for 120 pieces)
25lbs potato salad
120 squares of cornbread

Does that sound about right or would anyone recommend some adjustments?

It will be close on the hog IMO.

whats the age group on the campers?.. that makes a big difference in your numbers.

whats the age group on the campers?.. that makes a big difference in your numbers.

It'll have to ask. This is an RV Club's annual trip. My contact is 40 something. Let's assume older kids or no kids.

Is the hog weight after dressing out or on the hoof? Makes a difference. Also, what percentage of usuable meat does everyone expect to get from a hog?

Hey Mr. Bob, good to see you and that fine looking rig.

100lb Hog should do you fine unless everyone wants tenderloin. I would go a little bigger just to be safe.

Hey Mr. Bob, good to see you and that fine looking rig.

100lb Hog should do you fine unless everyone wants tenderloin. I would go a little bigger just to be safe.

Thanks. I think I'll sneak a 9 or 10 pound butt on the cooker along with the hog to give me some extra meat, just to be on the safe side. The hog will be 100lbs dressed, not on the hoof.

Back