Chinese BBQ Pork on the Hasty Bake (pr0n)

R2Egg2Q

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Inspired by some Chinese BBQ pork posts by cowgirl like this one and this one, I was inspired to cook up some char siu and smokey fried rice!

With a bunch of help from fellow Brethren, BBQ PD (of Bart's Blazin' Q in Livermore) and martyleach, I bought a shiny new Hasty Bake Gourmet:
IMG_2890.jpg

Rice cooked on the Hasty Bake & wok fried on a Small BGE:
IMG_2873.jpg

IMG_2924.jpg

Wokked up some string beans and more garlic:
IMG_2927.jpg

For the pork I followed "Grandpa Kwock's" recipe (landarc's SILs family recipe - something I've been wanting to try for a while) and I cooked it in the Hasty Bake:

IMG_2900.jpg

IMG_2955.jpg

IMG_2970.jpg

I hung the pork ala Chinatown style (my wife said "minus the flies" :laugh:).

And here's my plate:
IMG_2947.jpg

It was a fun cook! Full cook post can be found here. Lots of great cooking going on over in the Throwdowns sub-forum!

Thanks cowgirl for the inspiration (your cooks & on the Hasty Bake), landarc for sharing Grandpa Kwock's recipe, and Dave & Marty for the Hasty Bake!

Wow...just beautiful! :clap:

Now I want my very own Hasty Bake...

This looks delicious! Going to have to add this one to my list of must do's!

Very nicely done. Great color as well. Thanks for taking the time to share. I get so much inspiration from you folks. Well I am off for four days starting tomorrow, gonna get the wok out.

Thanks for the kind words all!

Looks great John. Damn, you guys collects cookers like I collect spices.

My collecting is going to be put on hold for a while. With this one I think I've used the "this is the last one" phrase for the last time. As it is, I promised to sell one to make room. Looks like I'm going to clean up the gasser and put it up for sale.

Back