Show your BBQ Area

Awesome! Can't get better than the Hardiebacker boards. That's what I used on my build. :thumb:

Done!

IMG_20130407_143452_188_zps5be0cb91.jpg

IMG_20130407_135639_732_zps96e547f3.jpg

IMG_20130407_135621_056_zps4fe1110b.jpg

IMG_20130407_135538_474_zps9a50f830.jpg

All I need for steaks, hamburgers, brats, chicken, ham, pork butt, brisket, ribs, stir fry, bread, pizza, sausage, pretzels, potato wedges, meatballs, meatloaf, beef jerky...

ry%3D400

That is one impressive setup and it looks amazing. What's it like keeping that thing clean and shiny since it isn't covered? I know that I have a time keeping my stainless kitchen sink in the house looking good, can't imagine if it was outside!

Ok, I just spent the last (conservatively) hour and a half scrolling through 39 pages of this thread. I have a few "take-aways" to share.
1) I should show this to my wife. Not for project ideas, per se, but because I obviously do not have "too many cookers". Blown away. Hope this gets me some more equipment.
2) I'm not about to post photos of the garage rack that I built over my Chargriller offset, Chargriller Akorn and Weber 22.5 in the garage. I pull them out to use in front of the garage, but now I have new motivation.
3) Extremely impressed by the areas with entertainment/bars, etc. I usually smoke for hours, then clean up my mess, then clean up myself before entertaining. I need to re-evaluate here.

GREAT WORK BY ALL!

.....I'm not about to post photos
.....I pull them out to use in front of the garage
.....I need to re-evaluate here

Ha. You and I are So on the same page buddy.
My WSM sits in my garage until it's time to bring it out to the gravel driveway.
What a pain.
Seeing this thread over the past few months has motivated me to design something better. Unfortunately, I need to finish a couple other projects before I start another.....least I get myself in trouble with "SWMBO".

That is one impressive setup and it looks amazing. What's it like keeping that thing clean and shiny since it isn't covered? I know that I have a time keeping my stainless kitchen sink in the house looking good, can't imagine if it was outside!

Thank you for the compliments. I did 100% of the work myself, except the granite install.

Cleaning it is really no big deal. I'm having a cover made for the gasser, which is really the biggest pain to clean.

I use ZEP cleanstone plus on my granite, which is the perfect cleaner/protectant. It leaves zero residue and wipes very easily.

I've spent my entire lunch hour and then some looking at this thread and I'm still only on page 20 ... that's not even ready hardly any of the posts ... geeeeez

Looks awesome Mike. I'm thinking of extending my cooking area after bulding my island a few years ago due to aquiring a bunch of new toys. I have to incorporate it with my island and your build is giving me ideas. Great job!:thumb:

Here's mine currently, although it's a constant work in progress...

...and a little video I made yesterday to kill some time while the ribs were smoking...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcA0PlIfThY"]Rocket Stove Oven, Firepit, BBQ and Half Barrel System Update - YouTube[/ame]

This thread should be a sticky ... I'll get a few pics of mine this weekend. It's nothing fancy, but it does the job.

Here's mine currently, although it's a constant work in progress...

DUDE !!!!
The fact that you use your waste heat to warm the benches is just about the most awesome idea I've seen implemented in a long time. I've thought about such a unit as well, but have too many projects going to get into a big masonry mess in the yard. That's just cool man, you're fantastic.

I've envisioned a snow covered yard with friends over, but the stone benches are warm and dry, and I'm feeding them food from the "oven" that's providing them with the warmth. Just like that.

Damn. That's cool.

Thanks a ton Bob, it is so, so nice to hear from folks who get it. That's it exactly, burn the wood completely, no smoke. Use the heat to cook, to warm the space with the barrel, and any extra gets routed to the bench to warm the humans even more. I really appreciate your kind words man, it means a lot to me when folks get it, since I'm often working on this stuff in a vacuum here. If you ever decide to move forward with building one hit me up, I'm happy to help any way I can.

Back