• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Meat prices...

toadhunter911

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Just curious. What do you guys (and gals) pay for briskets, butts, and spares, and where do you get 'em? Let's call it research...

These were on sale today
Brisket $3.99 lb normally $5.99 lb
Spares $1.79lb normally $2.69lb
Butts $1.79 lb normally $2.69 lb
Rib eyes $6.99 lb normally $12.49 lb
Sirloin steaks $3.69 lb normally $5.49 lb
Publix Supermarket Lake Placid Fla.

These were on sale today
Brisket $3.99 lb normally $5.99 lb
Spares $1.79lb normally $2.69lb
Butts $1.79 lb normally $2.69 lb
Rib eyes $6.99 lb normally $12.49 lb
Sirloin steaks $3.69 lb normally $5.49 lb
Publix Supermarket Lake Placid Fla.

Was that brisket a prime?

Let's see, briskets, normally 2.39-2.49/lb
Spares 1.99/lb
Butts - 1.49-1.69 (Sometimes I can pick them up for .99 on sale.)

Can't really comment on the rest since I only buy them on sale.

Butt .99
Spares 1.59 St. Louis w trimmings 1.79
Rib Eye 5.99
Sirlion 2.99
Country Style Ribs 1.49
All meat cut on site with 3 or 4 butchers behind the case. None of the injected pre-packaged stuff. If they don't have it the case ring the buzzer and they will fix you up. My wifes loves the fresh chickens that are delivered every day but Sun. Kids up front will tote your groceries to the car. If you want to charge it just set up an account and they will write it down in the book. Send you a bill 1st of the month. Old School Grocery Shopping. Todd's Big Star Tupelo, MS

RD Friday. per lb

Angus Brisket - 1.91
Bone In Butt - $1.21
Spares - 1.79 (Case of 6 racks, avg 32 lbs/case)
St. Louis - $2.68/lb
FJ Bacon (14/16) - 15lb box - 42.29
2oz Meatballs (10 lbs) - 21.90
Mild Sausage (Bulk, 10 lb) - 26.10
Boneless, Skinless Thighs (40 lb, 3% water) - $39.98

Let's see, briskets, normally 2.39-2.49/lb
Spares 1.99/lb
Butts - 1.49-1.69 (Sometimes I can pick them up for .99 on sale.)

Can't really comment on the rest since I only buy them on sale.

OK Chris, you're in my neck of the woods. Where do you usually shop? I love when Kroger has butts for .99 per pound, but they haven't been on sale in a while.

Paid $2.29 for select briskets Wednesday at a shop at Eastern Market (could have got choice for .20 per pound more, but liked the feel of the selects. Got a great deal on chicken leg quarters at my local market (.39 per # in 10 pound bags). Picked up 10 bags. Food saver worked overtime that day!

UW Provisions in Madison.
Briskets are around $2.39 lb, and you have to call ahead a day in advance.
I bought 80 lbs of butts yesterday, case price was $1.19 I think. (otherwise $1.39 lb) Gotta call a day ahead for those too.
Spares are $1.99 lb.

For what it's worth, NE Kansas Dillon's stores are selling whole untrimmed choice briskets for $1.99/lb this weekend . . .
Hy-Vee has KC Strip Steaks (my favorite) for $6.99 for an eight ounce steak.
Not sure what the spares are lately.

live in central Louisiana and yesterday i bought spare ribs for 1.79 a pound. normally 1.99 a pound or more. Earlier this summer I paid 2.99 a pound for them

No it is Choice. Certified premium. Our meat prices jumped about a year and a half ago on Brisket, Flank steaks and all other steaks really. Butts and ribs haven't gone crazy.

Glad I'm not in your part of the country. Those prices are crazy high!

At Walmart, brisket is $1.98 a pound. At my local butcher (Olde Towne Butcher) I get USDA Choice certified angus beef brisket for $2.99 a pound. Butts at the super market are $1.79 a pound. Free range high quality butts at Olde Towne Butcher is $1.89 per pound. Chicken is a little higher at OTB than supermarkets, but, you get what you pay for.

Glad I'm not in your part of the country. Those prices are crazy high!

Tell me about it. Beef has doubled here, but I will say it's pretty good quality. Better than Walmart. We just don't have a lot of choices. It would be a dream to have some of those Brisket prices I'm reading on this thread. Lol

Beef prices have gone up because of the payoffs politicians are getting from the ethenol producers and political interests. Corn prices rise - beef prices rise. Ethenol is a joke. It is made from food (corn) which is a bad choice for Americans. There are alternatives out there that wouldn't raise beef prices, but politics are politics and common sense be damned.

I paid 1.29 for spares today. I think St Louis were2.79. I try to stock up on butts when they're .99. Whole chickens for.59 to .79 pound when on sale. Tri-tip under 3.00 is pretty good.

Angus brisket 2.69 2 hour round trip if I want a packer. 3.99 for flat at local store
boneless butt on sale 1.99
BB ribs on sale this week 3.33

The prices I remember from last weekend at Wal Mart are:
Packer brisket $1.79/lb
Butts $1.49/lb

Spares are usually $1.79/lb and baby backs are often at $2.99/lb

They had trimmed flats, too, but those were $2.99/lb

I just bought spares in a cryobag of 2 racks for b1g1 price of 13.97 and I think it's half a lb shy of 10lbs

My real happiness came from getting 40lbs of leg quarters for $20 today.

Back